A10M Delivered with faulty hardware

Zim20000

A10M Delivered with faulty hardware

Post by Zim20000 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:24 am

I recently purchased an A10M and the extruders are not pushing plastic through the hot end. The Y axis motor also catches in multiple spots and does not run smooth across the entire plane. And finally the 3d touch module purchased at the same time is mapping points not even close to what the bed actually is. I had to manually change the z coordinates in order to get the plastic to stick. Some of the points were spot on but others were radically different.

I have seen people mention that Geeetech printers come with a warranty, but I sent an email and got no response. I didn't buy through a 3rd party I ordered direct from the Geeetech website. Any tips?

Jarda3d

Re: A10M Delivered with faulty hardware

Post by Jarda3d » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:02 am

1. Chiense peoples have many holidays and their economy did not go to hell like western do
2. printers are misaligned (nearly destroyed) by shipping
3. A10 construction did not need 3D touch if it is properly aligned
4. and tightened - chinese workers have small hands and did not tight well.
5. you need to know what to get tight and what to leave untightened... see below
A10M Slic3r profile: here and fresh on github (lot of tips here)
A10 Slic3r profile: here
TIP: tight all screws and wheels (except right side of Z axis) and re-align frame while assembly. And silence it.

Zim20000

Re: A10M Delivered with faulty hardware

Post by Zim20000 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:27 am

vert wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:56 am
contact a sales rep keep in mind the time zone difference and work load could take 12hours to several days to get a reply.
I would absolutely love to. This is the email I used myorder@geeetech.com. Should I be using a different one? I couldn't find much in the way of contact information on the website.