A10M - NO FILAMENT COMING OUT HOT END - NO GLOGGING

Manu.B

A10M - NO FILAMENT COMING OUT HOT END - NO GLOGGING

Post by Manu.B » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:35 pm

Dear fellow A10M users,

I have an issue with my A10M : No filament going out of the hot end. It's not clogged because I have cleaned it and finally changed it by a new one with the exact same issue.

I also changed the PTFE by new ones and check the connectors too. Everything seems to be alright.

I suspect both extruders not pushing enough the filament. I have adjusted the screws and cleaned the gears. It was working with under extrusion for a while. Now it’s not working again. I have planned to install metallic ones instead of the original plastic one.

Some help would much appreciated :)
Thanks in advance

William
Site Admin

Re: A10M - NO FILAMENT COMING OUT HOT END - NO GLOGGING

Post by William » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:58 pm

Hi, Is your extruder motor working properly? Is the gap between the idler and the gear too large?
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Manu.B

Post by Manu.B » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:47 pm

The 2 motors seems to work correctly. I also see the gears turning when the motors are working.
To check the space between the gear and the idle how do I do ? I need to disassemble the mechanism ?

Manu.B

Post by Manu.B » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:22 pm

I have changed the 2 extrudeurs and its working better. I had to update the firmware to reverse the motors. I also need to adjust the step/MMS

Manu.B

Post by Manu.B » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:55 pm

I had also to change the Steps/mm from 340 to 100 due to the change of extrudeurs gears dimensions. It's really better now !!!
The issue seems to be the poor quality of the extrudeurs provided with the A10M....

Jarda3d

Post by Jarda3d » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:10 am

Titan extruder is only solution to get stable printing quality for A10M. And dual drive too, of course. A10M need too much force when compared with single colour hotend.

You need to tight spring in driver. Turn screw to left by few turns.

My levers (both) are broken after few months, but I was print week before all levers that I was found for Titan extruder because I was see some crack when I was change spring. Now I have stronger spring (8mmx14mm) which work better than original and is really CHEAP.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/12pcs-s ... 18748.html

(I was buy springs in many sizes about, but these are OK - maybe it fits to original lever too, description size is bad!). Titan springs are not needed anyway, they are often weak.

Hmm, see that item does not exist... I have 60 springs only, for few time it will be OK.

So parameters 8mm outer dia, 1.2mm wire, about 15mm length. Like standard-wide 20mm extruder springs, but shorter.
A10M Slic3r profile: here and fresh on github (lot of tips here)
A10 Slic3r profile: here
TIP: tight all screws and wheels (except right side of Z axis) and re-align frame while assembly. And silence it.