newbie problem

wejo

newbie problem

Post by wejo » Mon May 27, 2019 1:12 am

Hello,
I am new here in the forum and also new in the 3D-printing. I recently bought a Geeetech A10 printer and set it up so far that I'm satisfied for now. When printing I always have a problem: When starting and at the end of the printing process, the heater head with nozzle (extruder?) always moves to the limit switch and rattles a few seconds before the pressure starts or ends. Is this normal or do I have to change anything in a setting? :oops:
I would be grateful for an answer, because the noise scares me a little. Sorry, that’s googleenglish!
Greetings
Werner

William
Site Admin

Re: newbie problem

Post by William » Mon May 27, 2019 10:14 am

Hi, if you hear click noise or the extruder motor move in a narrow range. In this case, please check whether the gap between idler wheel and gear are too large and the pressure is too small to drive the filament. I hope this can help you.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

wejo

Post by wejo » Mon May 27, 2019 7:48 pm

Hello,
Thanks for the quick reply! I probably did not express myself correctly. The supply of the filament PLA is not the problem, but the movement of the extruder on the X (?) Axis (left and right). This loud chatter at the beginning and end of the printing process is at every printing. I use Cura 4.0 and Repetier-Host. Both have the same process at the beginning and the end. The extruder head stands at the beginning of the printing process for a few seconds and it rattles horribly loud. Then the 3D printing starts normally. At the end of the printing process, the extruder returns to its normal position and rattles for a few seconds until the process stops. It sounds like the transport wheel for the extruder continues to rotate and the conveyor belt of the extruder head is fixed (X-axis?). I print on the SD card. The noise was already in the 3D printing of the dog, on the SD card that came with the purchase of the printer.
Or is this rattle normal at the beginning and end of the printing process?
Excuse me, but I am a total newbie and sometimes I miss the right words. Still in English. I live in Germany, Rothenburg and my english is bad. That's how Google has to help me.
Yours sincerely
Werner

wejo

Post by wejo » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:51 pm

OK, thanks!

Sarg

Post by Sarg » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:57 am

I am have an issue getting my geeetech profile into cura