Geeetech glass bed - clean and temp issue

FredR

Geeetech glass bed - clean and temp issue

Post by FredR » Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:44 pm

After a few prints now, the bed has started 'gumming' up. Is this normal. I have cleaned it with alcohol cooled and hot and it doesn't seem to come off. Can I use a harsher liquid like acetone or does it even matter. I have finally started getting the feel of getting the bed adjusted. I have had to crank the bed temp up because it seems it is low and adheres better. Thermal gun show it to be about 5 or 6 C low.

Akuma

Re: Geeetech glass bed - clean and temp issue

Post by Akuma » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:22 am

Have had similar issues. Water and a cloth seem to be the only thing that doesn't damage the coating. It isn't well documented what you can do to clean these. I've tried a green scouring pad on more stubborn bits and it ruined the surface in one or two places. The PLA wasn't adhering anyway so I felt I had nothing to loose. It sticks a bit better now but still not great.

Akuma

Post by Akuma » Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:05 pm

I tried that stuff and it seemed to have no effect on the PLA. I might as well have used water.
The water didn't seem to clean anything, however after cleaning with it, I did get better adhesion. 1 think I do now to get better adhesion is up the flow rate on the first layer

FredR

Post by FredR » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:55 am

That's what I have....

vert wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:34 am
I use 90% isopropanol alcohol to clean the bed on my geeetech printers.