Extrusion Problems

Aeisens

Extrusion Problems

Post by Aeisens » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:33 pm

I have my A10 for two weeks now and everything worked fine in the beginning. During my last print severe underextrusion occured. I cleaned the complete hotend did calibration of the extruder and Bed levelling, but I simply cannot print.

My problem is that hardly any material comes out of the nozzle when printing. When i push a filament through the hotend manually everything works just fine. I have absolutely no clue what to do, maybe someone of you can help me.

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Re: Extrusion Problems

Post by _kaktus_ » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:26 pm

Hi.
:mrgreen:

I suggest you try another brand's filament.
You can also make a short movie with a problem, then it will be easier to say something. While recording, take a closer look at the extruder mechanism while working.
;)
Maybe the news from this topic will be helpful for you:
https://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopi ... 707#p90707
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.

ogzer707

Post by ogzer707 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:53 am

I know it’s basic but the extruder has plastic parts. The tensioner(the plastic arm that has spring) in my first one snapped real quick(inspect it). I keep a lil bit extra tension on filament. I manually roll filament through extruder and tighten(it takes the longest Allen wrench in parts kit) till there’s barely any indentation on filament from extruder. Since it’s plastic I’m slowly upgrading to aluminum to help the tension stay in position! Good luck be patient
Geeetech A10m

HaRo75

Post by HaRo75 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:36 am

The plastic arms seem to die when one tightens the spring too much. One of my feeders (on a new A10M) also had the problem, so i installed two aluminium feeders. While these don't have the extrusion problem, they do not have the turn ratio of the original feeders. But they have to do for a month or so, because the titan extruders i ordered new will take a while for shipping.
I am thinking about getting an aluminium-able milling machine and make some more stable arms to use with the original feeders. Just pondering if the investment is worth the effect :D

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:33 pm

Maybe the metal feeder kit is a good upgrade:
https://www.geeetech.com/mk8-extruder-a ... p-995.html
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Aeisens

Post by Aeisens » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:17 pm

Sorry I didn´t respond, I didn´t see there were responds to my question.

If anyone else has this problem my problem was that the extruder wasn´t tight enough. I bought the metal extruder and now everything works fine again