Geeetech A10 with GT2560 V3 suddenly died

gdachs

Re: Geeetech A10 with GT2560 V3 suddenly died

Post by gdachs » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:58 pm

_kaktus_ wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:30 pm
It is a pity that you did not come up with it to show the PCB from below. :roll:
In the diagnosis a visual check is a very important step.
But you know it and you certainly looked carefully at whether the PCB does not have any damage, or a foreign element. ;)
Yes, there was nothing.
_kaktus_ wrote:
I have seen the connected USB cable. Is a short-circuit also present when it is not connected :?:
In the third video there is no USB cable connected.
_kaktus_ wrote:
Let us know quickly.
My main goal is not to make the diagnosis, but to get a new board. So I did what I thought the Geeetech support might expect me to do.
But now I am heavily frustrated because of their lack of knowledge.
So my plan is now to wait for the next email from the Geeetech support and continue with building my Hypercube Evolution.
_kaktus_ wrote:
ps
I always carry out diagnostics with the electronics completely dismantled (if possible). This will solve a few problems that may occur. :roll:
I try to prevent this if I still have warranty.

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Post by _kaktus_ » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:05 pm

;)

That's how I looked at the movie again, and yes, the USB cable is connected to the device underneath.
I also looked at the diagram of GT2560 v3 and there are no more power keys there.
So so far I have acted a bit hastily. :?

I'm afraid that without a diagnosis you may not get a new controller board quickly. :roll:

For me it is the solution of this case that is interesting. :D
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.

gdachs

Post by gdachs » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:34 pm

_kaktus_ wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:05 pm
I'm afraid that without a diagnosis you may not get a new controller board quickly. :roll:
There is nothing left I could do without using a soldering iron. Next step would be to lift up the pin 3 of the MP2303A from the PCB, to check whether this chip is the culprit, or one of the diodes and capacitors, but I am old and my eyes are not good enough anymore for this kind of work.

I don't want to invest much more work into this task. If I don't get a free replacement, I will not buy a new board. In this case I will exchange the board with a MKS GEN L. It is just 6 mm wider, and much cheaper. This board works just fine in my Hypercube with Klipper firmware. I would need only to build some adapters for the Molex connectors, and I have an unused MKS TFT32 that is even much nicer than the display of the A10.

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Post by _kaktus_ » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:49 pm

It's a pity that I won't know the solution to this curious defect. :roll:

The solution could contribute a lot.
But I understand you a little bit. ;)

On the other hand, it is good to know the reason for the defect. :idea:

ps
For me these small elements are not comfortable either.
Also do not blame young people from the support of Geeetech.
Everyone can make a mistake. Each of us has a different mentality, and there is also a language barrier.
The world is open to them. They are able to achieve a lot. ;)
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.

gdachs

Post by gdachs » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:20 am

Geeetech support agreed to send me a new board, but after I sent them the ordering information, all communications stopped. No reaction anymore on my emails. They sell the board now for $52, but before I go this way, I will better change to a MKS Gen L. It is much cheaper and I have better experiences with it, but okay, I told this already.

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:10 am

gdachs wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:20 am
Geeetech support agreed to send me a new board, but after I sent them the ordering information, all communications stopped. No reaction anymore on my emails. They sell the board now for $52, but before I go this way, I will better change to a MKS Gen L. It is much cheaper and I have better experiences with it, but okay, I told this already.
I think you need to contact the sales.
Ask them to send you the new board.
As I know, tech support team can't send the replacement directly.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

gdachs

Post by gdachs » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:11 pm

Tech support asked me for the order number, so I expect that they can forward that to the sales.

Kyle3465

Post by Kyle3465 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:23 pm

Did you ever get a new board from Geetech?