Marlin 1.1.9 firmware for A10M (pre-built, fine-tuned, both with & without 3d touch) by aarli

aarli

Re: Marlin 1.1.9 firmware for A10M (pre-built, fine-tuned, both with & without 3d touch)

Post by aarli » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:04 am

Alien3D wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:32 am
So I just got an A10M today. I'm trying to do a build with your configuration.h file for the touch version, and Arduino first is triggering an Unknown Motherboard error. I swapped that to be BOARD_GT2560_REV_A and after that I received a LEVEL_BED_CORNERS requires a LEVEL_CORNERS_INSET value. Please update your Configuration.h. error.
So, your Arduino build tools give you an error and complain about unknown board, and you somehow conclude that this must be Configuration.h error? Yet somehow both my printers work with my own firmware builds + multiple other people have also successfully updated and are using it. And what exactly makes you think that changing the board revision or type would fix your build tools?

Instead of unsubstantiated claims and blame game, please take some time and fix your build tools and install missing dependencies. Google is your friend.

But if this is over your head then I suggest that you use one of my pre-built firmware versions here
Geeetech A10 (with mods) + Geeetech A10M
Repetier Server on Raspberry PI 3, connected to printers for remote printing/firmware uploads.
Slic3r Prusa Edition, Simplify3D, Ultimaker Cura, Repetier host on the PC

Macki

Re: Marlin 1.1.9 firmware for A10M (pre-built, fine-tuned, both with & without 3d touch)

Post by Macki » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:57 pm

Hi, Can you tell me something about the steps / mm of the extruders? By default, the stand at 340Steps / mm I have to lift it to 535Steps / mm so that he extrudes the 10cm filament that you pretend. Second, I have the problem of getting your hex file via arduino to the printer, is there any other solution?

Thx and Greetings
Macki

Merrill

Post by Merrill » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:25 am

Hi thank you for sharing your firmware.

I do not see how to flash the printer firmware with the unzipped A10M-Marlin-1.1.9-standard.hex

My first time setting up a 3d printer.

I haven't gotten the a10 to print yet and I am hoping that updating the firmware will help.

Thank you for any pointers.

Alien3D

Post by Alien3D » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:05 am

aarli wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:04 am
Alien3D wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:32 am
So I just got an A10M today. I'm trying to do a build with your configuration.h file for the touch version, and Arduino first is triggering an Unknown Motherboard error. I swapped that to be BOARD_GT2560_REV_A and after that I received a LEVEL_BED_CORNERS requires a LEVEL_CORNERS_INSET value. Please update your Configuration.h. error.
So, your Arduino build tools give you an error and complain about unknown board, and you somehow conclude that this must be Configuration.h error? Yet somehow both my printers work with my own firmware builds + multiple other people have also successfully updated and are using it. And what exactly makes you think that changing the board revision or type would fix your build tools?

Instead of unsubstantiated claims and blame game, please take some time and fix your build tools and install missing dependencies. Google is your friend.

But if this is over your head then I suggest that you use one of my pre-built firmware versions here
I am not playing the blame game, that is the error returned by Arduino, it wasn't me making a statement. There are the errors from Arduino console...

"Unknown Motherboard error."

"LEVEL_BED_CORNERS requires a LEVEL_CORNERS_INSET value. Please update your Configuration.h. error."

So again, not blaming you, simply reporting what was returned.

millenium7

Post by millenium7 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:18 pm

I used this firmware straight out of the box without actually trying the official Geeetech build so I can't compare to that. I have been having some issues with it though. This is my first dual extruder printer (dual E-axis single extruder?) so there are some differences which make me want to persist rather than try and go with stock marlin and build up from there. As I don't know how to introduce the mix menu

First thing I noticed was bed leveling was off. I'm using the official Geeetech 3dtouch, after looking at the source code I noticed the probe offset is off by quite a bit. Maybe there's been revisions to the A10M but I notice in your build you have -37mm X offset, mine is actually -41mm which is a large difference
The probing points aren't where they should be. First probe is at approx 10% of the X-width, then 30% then 70%. This leaves a massive amount of the right-hand-side of the bed unprobed. The probe boundaries aren't set evenly. They are 25mm left, 20mm front. 180mm right, 215mm back. There's a whopping 40mm of margin on the right hand side (actually 65mm since the bed is 235x235mm)

I've also had issues with it pausing seemingly at random and displaying "press button to continue..." or something along those lines, and I don't know why. Sometimes it happens straight after automatic bed leveling, and sometimes it happens randomly mid-print, dunno why that's happening

And overall print quality has been average. This may not be related to the firmware whatsoever, but have the print related parameters been tweaked specifically for the A10M (i.e. acceleration, jerk, max feedrates etc) or are they stock marlin values? Can you provide a short list of whats different to stock marlin?

Ken234

Post by Ken234 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:38 am

If you don't mind me asking I flashed this firmware with the slic3r software like I do on my mk2 but it does not do the auto bed leveling can you tell me how I can get that working I've never used arduino so I cant do the that myself

paultbg

Post by paultbg » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:17 am

Hello
Maybe someone can help?
I'm trying to build this firmware using the non touch configuration.h file.
However it seems that the system is looking for an Configuration_adv.h file and that is not there.
Can you please advise?

The error message below:
Arduino: 1.8.5 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

In file included from C:\Users\dora\Desktop\Prusa_I3_3Dprinter-Geeetech-A10M-Marlin-1.1.9-with-3D-Touch\A10M_marlin1.1.9\Marlin\Marlin.ino:31:0:

sketch\MarlinConfig.h:33:31: fatal error: Configuration_adv.h: No such file or directory

#include "Configuration_adv.h"

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Pacorako

Post by Pacorako » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:38 am

Hello,
I have the same problem, and I surf on google but I didn't find anything, please some can help me with this error?
Arduino:1.8.5 (Windows 10), Tarjeta:"Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

In file included from C:\Users\Guillermo\Downloads\Impresora 3D\Geeetech A10M\Software\Prusa_I3_3Dprinter-Geeetech-A10M-Marlin-1.1.9-with-3D-Touch\A10M_marlin1.1.9\Marlin\Marlin.ino:31:0:

sketch\MarlinConfig.h:33:31: fatal error: Configuration_adv.h: No such file or directory

#include "Configuration_adv.h"

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Error compilando para la tarjeta Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560.

Este reporte podría tener más información con
"Mostrar salida detallada durante la compilación"
opción habilitada en Archivo -> Preferencias.

Thanks

3dralf

Post by 3dralf » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:47 pm

installed A10M-Marlin-1.1.9-3d-touch.hex with cura to my new A10M, does not work, after installing Display Shows Marlin 1.1.8

Jag76291

Post by Jag76291 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:44 am

How do install firm ware onto the 10m just wondering as it does arrive to me today