I decided to create a separate thread for my firmware builds. This post here will be the main place for me to announce new builds, so some people can test it before I'll make an upstream pull request in github. As 1.1.9 is final version in 1.1.x branch, I'm looking into getting Marlin 2.x.x branch compiled foe A10 and A10M. This way some of my future contributions wouldn't be limited to Geeetech only. I definitely plan on getting the hotfix (below) merged with the active Marlin development branch(es)...
Here's the list of latest common changes and improvements in todays firmware build:
- Extended print area from 220x220 to match the actual bed (234mm x 234mm), also re-aligned bed center
- Enabled direct colour mixing. Allow ABCDHI mix factors in G1 movement commands
- Enabled cold extrusion prevention (won't engage extruter motors below 170C)
- Enabled S-curve accleration for smoother, quieter opration
- Enabled print statistics in INFO menu
- Fine-tuned rotary encoder to active value translation at higher speed (improves fast value changes from A to B)
- Added separate single axis homing commands (Home X, Home Y, Home Z)
Standard (no 3d touch) version:
- Enabled LCD-based Manual multi-point bed levelling (Mesh).
- Optimised Automatic Bed Levelling, so it completes the whole cycle 2 times faster now. In addition second probe pass is now with higher precision, yet faster.
- Levelling on right edge is now extrapolated beyond the grid (based on calculated tilt)
- Discovered a general flaw in Marlin which in certain situations could start homing procedure with touch sensor deployed. Not an issue when going off the plate towards X-endstop, as deployed probe would slide on top of the hotplate. It's the coming back part that could damage the probe, if it was deployed low enough, so the tip would fall lower than the hotbed. Fixed it in G28 code by adding touch sensor's reset + stow before doing any of the axis moves at the beginning of homing procedure