printer configurations not applying correctly to the object I am trying to print...

sardonic369

printer configurations not applying correctly to the object I am trying to print...

Post by sardonic369 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:03 pm

So....

I am truly a novice at 3D printing and a total noob at the EasyPrint3D software, so bear with me. The first two prints that I did (straight off the SD card inserted into the control box) turned out disasters. The first 1/4" of the print was fine, but then everything went haywire and the prints totally failed. So, I decided to print from the software via USB, so I could have more control over speed and extruder temperature, etc.

So...I selected the configuration settings that I wanted, "best quality, first layer temp-215, print temp-215, bed temp-55, etc"....and when I click apply, I get a message saying "The arguments have been applied".....so all good. However, when I click "finish", I get a message saying "The arguments have been set but not used in slicing"....and when I try to print, it warms up to the default print temp - 210 and bed temp - 50....so obviously the settings are not being applied. How do I get the configuration settings to get applied to the object which I am trying to print?

Alex-w

Re: printer configurations not applying correctly to the object I am trying to print...

Post by Alex-w » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:45 pm

@sardonic369

Hi, sardonic.
Try to use the newest version. V1.2.5 :ugeek:

sardonic369

Re: printer configurations not applying correctly to the object I am trying to print...

Post by sardonic369 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:27 am

Alex-w wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:45 pm
@sardonic369

Hi, sardonic.
Try to use the newest version. V1.2.5 :ugeek:
Alex...thank you much! I thought I was using the newest version, but it seems as though I wasn't. I was actually able to download 1.2.6! So, I am running that AND running the program as administrator (another hint I picked up from these forums) and everything is working just as it should now. Thank you!

Alex-w

Post by Alex-w » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:24 am

Sorry for the wrong version information. Now it has been fixed. ;)

blinger

Post by blinger » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:19 am

I have 1.2.6 also and it doesn't have the box infill density percentage. My print did the first layers nice then
it started doing really small triangles and it was a mess. Nothing was sticking. Any answers?

Alex-w

Post by Alex-w » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:39 am

@blinger We use infill line distance, instead of density percentage. About the mess you mentioned, can you post a picture about it? :geek:

blinger

Post by blinger » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:29 am

So if I wanted to do 20% infill density how would that relate to infill line distance also 20%. Can you
explain how to put a picture on here. Sorry Never done this before.

Alex-w

Post by Alex-w » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:03 am

@blinger
It's about Curaengine setting. :ugeek:

infill_line_distance = infill_line_width * 100 / infill_sparse_density * factor
what factor you should use in statement depend on your infill_pattern

grid: 2
triangles/cubic/cubicsubdiv: 3
tetrahedral: 2
else: 1

For example, 20% grid infill:
infill_line_distance = 0.4 * 100 / 20 * 2 = 4

--------------------------------------------------------

You can find "Insert image" button in your menubar when you replay a post ;)

McgLance

Post by McgLance » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:25 am

How to select nozzel in easy 3dprint to print with, say I want single color from spool 2, and not auto 1 ..