I broke my mecreator2

GDB

I broke my mecreator2

Post by GDB » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:48 pm

Hello everyone,

Saturday, I wanted to change the PFTE tube inside the stainless steel barrel, and also the nozzle of my Mecreator2.
So, following a youtube video I disassembled everything and did it.
During the process, I wasn't sure I did good with the PFTE tube, as I was feeling a little obstruction when I inserted a pla filament into it to test. I thought, maybe it was ok, so I reassembled everything.
Monday, my girlfriend told me that the pla got blocked inside the mechanism. So I tried to disassemble everything once more.
As, I thought it was stuck inside the stainless steel barrel.
So I just put the heater on the stailess steel tube, and with a clamp in one hand holding the heater, and in the other hand a clamp to pull the pla out from the tube.
I set the heater on 250°C, without any fan to cool it down. Terrific idea isn't it ?
So, when I was messing around with the heater and the stainless steel tube, I saw a flash coming from the cables behind the heaters, and everything went off. The heaters, the fans, the lcd screen.
If I plug in the printer and press on the on/off switch, I can see the light of the switcher on, but that's it. Nothing else seems to work.

So I was wondering, what do you think I broke ? The motherboard ?
I don't think it's the power supply, as the light of the switch button is working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for reading.

GDB

Re: I broke my mecreator2

Post by GDB » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:17 am

Thank you for your reply!
So you think my motherboard is broken?