Nozzle update advice

efirvida

Nozzle update advice

Post by efirvida » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:19 am

Hello I need a new nozzle to my printer and I found this two kits os stainless steel nozzles, but I don know if the are compatible with my Pro W printer. also wich of both would be better??

https://www.banggood.com/TWO-TREES-5PCS ... rehouse=CN

https://www.banggood.com/TWO-TREES-6Pcs ... rehouse=CN

Sodium100mg

Re: Nozzle update advice

Post by Sodium100mg » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:24 am

I don't know what kind of nozzle you need, but a caliper will tell you what the screw is. Many use a 6mm, which is an mk6/mk7, where the mk10 is a 7mm, but has a different inner diameter than the geeetech one. The height of the nozzle vary, so changing nozzles, you may need to change the Z microswitch to change the bed height, then re-tune the leveling. When you change nozzles, expect to have to re-tune all your settings.

efirvida

Post by efirvida » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:28 am

Sodium100mg wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:24 am
I don't know what kind of nozzle you need, but a caliper will tell you what the screw is. Many use a 6mm, which is an mk6/mk7, where the mk10 is a 7mm, but has a different inner diameter than the geeetech one. The height of the nozzle vary, so changing nozzles, you may need to change the Z microswitch to change the bed height, then re-tune the leveling. When you change nozzles, expect to have to re-tune all your settings.
Hi thanks for you reply, my current nozzle is the default nozzle that came with the "pro w" so is 0.3 and M6, but it suffered a deformation so i need to change it. this two models that I found are M6 too, but with different tip form and I don't know the difference between them. and i know that any changes will drive to redo the tunning of the printer

Sodium100mg

Post by Sodium100mg » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:57 pm

For how cheap nozzles are, just go for it! As long as homing leaves the nozzle off the bed, a longer nozzle won't hit it.

I chose to tweak the Z axis micro switch, so I didn't have to level the bed. Shame nobody makes a Z axis switch micro adjuster.