printing issue

grizlyadams

printing issue

Post by grizlyadams » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:45 pm

Hi,

I have an i3w pro and this is happening (with any software) - on the second layer it goes to the wrong place on the bed and tires to print off the bed.

I've tried different print files and they do similar things

can you tell me where to look to fix it?
Attachments
IMG_20200423_140623.jpg
IMG_20200423_140623.jpg (314.8 KiB) Viewed 18712 times

William
Site Admin

Re: printing issue

Post by William » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:06 am

Hi,this is some reason:
1. The printing speed is too fast. You can reduce the printing speed and control within a reasonable range
2. Printing produces piles that hinder the operation of the nozzle. You can appropriately reduce the print head temperature (adjustment at 5 ° C).
3. The resistance of the XY axis is too large, you can lubricate the XY axis (lubricating oil, rail oil, or engine oil)
4. The motor is overheated (above 60 degrees). You can reduce the current of the motor
5. The acceleration is too large, you can reduce the motor acceleration (general factory settings are generally no problem, adjusted in the screen)
6. The XY axis timing belt is too slack, slipping and jumping teeth appear, you can tension the timing belt (can not be transported
Line jump teeth)
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

grizlyadams

Post by grizlyadams » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:13 pm

thanks - i'll look at those

i'm pretty sure it's not 3, or 6 - the belts are tight and if i control it manually the head travels the full x,y and z distance easily

grizlyadams

Post by grizlyadams » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:25 am

I slowed down the speed in the printer config and tried again and this is what I gort

I don't see how it can be either speed or friction. The error is EXACTLY the same every time I print - the misplaced layer is in the same place with each print.

DIY build, about 6 hours.

Getting the stupid thing to work, about 3 days so far. :twisted: :roll:

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:17 am

Hi,your model may be too large, beyond the scope of printing, you can modify it.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

grizlyadams

Post by grizlyadams » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:58 pm

It is not too large - that image shows you the base eof the model - about 40 mm x 30mm and apporx 15 mm high.

ever single model i try this with this happens - first layer goes down nicely then the ptrint head goes off to a completely different place for layer two.

Sodium100mg

Post by Sodium100mg » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:29 am

It looks like the leveling is bad. The backside is getting smushed and the front is extruding too high over bed and not sticking.

I'd also add a second stroke around the outside

grizlyadams

Post by grizlyadams » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:51 pm

Sodium100mg wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:29 am
It looks like the leveling is bad. The backside is getting smushed and the front is extruding too high over bed and not sticking.

I'd also add a second stroke around the outside
but are either of those anything to do with the print printing in the incorrect place on the table?

btw - I levelled the table with the double folded paper at front left, front right, rear right, rear left and middle - it is the same (light pull) tension under the printhead in all 5 locations.

by "add second stroke" - do you mean edit the model? - this printing in the wrong place on the second layer happens with every model I print.

I'm not really concerned with the quality of the print at the moment - what I want to do is understand why the second layer is printing off the table and nowhere near the first layer.

maybe I'm doing something incorrect with the print process - at the moment I have this and a couple of other (gcode) test prints. I load them(in repetier host or EasyPrint3d), connect to the printer and click "run job" - am i supposed to do something else?

thanks

Sodium100mg

Post by Sodium100mg » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:55 pm

go down to 1 layer of paper. The pull should feel like somebody is holding the piece of paper fairly lightly. You feel some resistance when pulling, but not much and for sure, it should not rip the paper.

The nozzle needs to be about half the nozzle diameter off the bed. The back area looks to be too close and the front too far. Think of it like spreading peanut butter on bread. If the knife is too close, the bread will tear, where if the knife is too high, it will not stick to the bread.

From the photo, it looks like the problem is bed leveling.

The line I was talking about is the skirt that is added by the slicing program to the model. Yours looks incomplete. When the printer first starts printing, it takes a bit of extruding to get thing flowing. Being too close to the bed makes it hard for the nozzle to extrude. When printing, if the nozzle isn't flowing good, it will have problems. The slicer has a parameter for "skirt outline" (simplify3d under additions) or skirt line count (cura under build plate adhesion). You want to see a nice solid line for the skirt.

For PLA, I have good results with a 50c bed temperature, filament 200c is a good starting point.

Download a bed leveling test file and follow the bed leveling video. Not until all of the patches lay down the same with good adhesion will the printer work right. With the test file printing at the corners, the corner that is not spreading right can be raised or lowered and try again.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:34558

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... e=emb_logo

grizlyadams

Post by grizlyadams » Fri May 01, 2020 6:29 pm

thanks - i will follow that now.

as to the slicer - I didn't slice it, i downloaded the gcode file - this one and another one to test with and that also does this.

I use the links you posted and see how I get on.

thanks again.