X Axis only goes one direction

EpicDr1zzt

X Axis only goes one direction

Post by EpicDr1zzt » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:40 am

So i have the Prusa I3 Pro W. When i first got it, it came with a faulty motherboard so i got a replacement. got that set up, and everything now works except i can't get the x axis to go away from home. If i manually move it away from home it will go back to home but i can't seem to get it to go anywhere else. I have the updated firmware, ive tried replacing the motor, loosening the belt, tightening the belt, and i have no replaced the x and y slots on the motherboard. Doing that caused it to work however now the y wont actually go any other direction but toward home. Can anyone help with this?

EpicDr1zzt

Re: X Axis only goes one direction

Post by EpicDr1zzt » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:31 am

I have figured it out. I just replaced the stepper driver

Ade O

Post by Ade O » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:17 am

I have an issue with my x axis too not quite the same but Im hoping someone can help ive just finished putting together my i3 m201 with gtm32 pro board and a4988 drivers the x axis simply vibrates and the carriage goes no where my board came with 3 driver cards in the positions for the extruders where mine is 2 in 1 out and it was m0issing the x driver card so I replaced the missing driver card and it just vibrates I swapped that again with the one from the y which works fine but still the x just vibrates. I replaced the stepper wires with those from the y motor and it runs smooth being my first 3d printer build im a nooooob in need. any help I can get would be amazing im also a nooooob with using the message boards too so please try not to crucify me if ive made a fo par like the saying goes a noob in need is a noob indeed
thanks
Ade

EpicDr1zzt

Post by EpicDr1zzt » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:39 am

What fixed mine was that i didnt have the x axis belt tight enough. Then it was a bit to tight. so i would go as tight as you can then try to back up the belt a notch or two. IDK if that helps at all. Im having issues with my Z axis now though :/

Ade O

Post by Ade O » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:49 am

ive seen people hack the screw rod out of the top mount as its screw rod that's not in true always seems bit drastic but it works mine was a busted blue wire on stepper

Gmaheu603

Post by Gmaheu603 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:54 pm

I had a similar issue after the first build but my issue was with the y axis only going in one direction. This still occurred even after firmware update.

I moved the x stepper driver to the y position on the board and then y worked fine and x only went in one direction. This is how I found out that one of the drivers was bad out of the box.

I ordered 5 for like 8 bucks on Amazon which should resolve the issue.

Just an FYI, the driver could be bad.

Ade O wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:17 am
I have an issue with my x axis too not quite the same but Im hoping someone can help ive just finished putting together my i3 m201 with gtm32 pro board and a4988 drivers the x axis simply vibrates and the carriage goes no where my board came with 3 driver cards in the positions for the extruders where mine is 2 in 1 out and it was m0issing the x driver card so I replaced the missing driver card and it just vibrates I swapped that again with the one from the y which works fine but still the x just vibrates. I replaced the stepper wires with those from the y motor and it runs smooth being my first 3d printer build im a nooooob in need. any help I can get would be amazing im also a nooooob with using the message boards too so please try not to crucify me if ive made a fo par like the saying goes a noob in need is a noob indeed
thanks
Ade