Repetier Host not allowing Y axis to move in both directions

ducksauce88

Repetier Host not allowing Y axis to move in both directions

Post by ducksauce88 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:12 am

I'm not new to 3D printing but I'm not professional. I completely baffled as to what the hell is going on with this printer.

Here is the issue:
I'm unable to move the Y axis in any direction but forward once I connect with Repetier Host. I have to flash the firmware again to get it to work, then again once I connect with Repetier Host I'm unable to move the Y axis in any other direction than forward. When I try to move back, it tells me that the endstop is hit, and it isnt. It messes with it to the point where I'm then unable to do so from the LCD on the unit itself as well.

I've modified the config file to be able to control it through RH:

Code: Select all

#define min_software_endstops false // If true, axis won't move to coordinates less than HOME_POS.
#define max_software_endstops false  // If true, axis won't move to coordinates greater than the defined lengths below.
This has allowed me to manually control the Y axis.

What is causing this? This is entirely frustrating and it seems to be intermittent. My first print went fine and then after this, I am having this issue and I'm not able to print at all. Do I need to set the home positions while in Repetier Host before printing? If so, how do I do this? I can't understand why Repetier Host would think that I've hit an endstop when I'm no where near it.

Note: I've also had the issue where I was printing and the Y axis shifted as much as it possibly could and started to print off the end of the board. I have absolutely no clue what to do to fix this and I'm about to just smash this thing with a bat.

On top of all of this, when I do get it to print fine, at a certain time during the print, its like it loses its way and starts to print off the bed. Look at this photo from during my print. Wtf? I'm about to give up on this crap man. This is completely frustrating and I can't find any documentation that actually states how to deal with homing the printer on the machine itself, and if Repetier Host actually honors the offset when I set it. I'm 2 seconds from throwing this thing in the trash after spending 3 days trying to debug this.

Here is an example of it moving waaaayyy off my bed during the print:
https://imgur.com/8QOYwoD

William
Site Admin

Re: Repetier Host not allowing Y axis to move in both directions

Post by William » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:05 pm

ducksauce88 wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:12 am
I'm not new to 3D printing but I'm not professional. I completely baffled as to what the hell is going on with this printer.

Here is the issue:
I'm unable to move the Y axis in any direction but forward once I connect with Repetier Host. I have to flash the firmware again to get it to work, then again once I connect with Repetier Host I'm unable to move the Y axis in any other direction than forward. When I try to move back, it tells me that the endstop is hit, and it isnt. It messes with it to the point where I'm then unable to do so from the LCD on the unit itself as well.

I've modified the config file to be able to control it through RH:

Code: Select all

#define min_software_endstops false // If true, axis won't move to coordinates less than HOME_POS.
#define max_software_endstops false  // If true, axis won't move to coordinates greater than the defined lengths below.
This has allowed me to manually control the Y axis.

What is causing this? This is entirely frustrating and it seems to be intermittent. My first print went fine and then after this, I am having this issue and I'm not able to print at all. Do I need to set the home positions while in Repetier Host before printing? If so, how do I do this? I can't understand why Repetier Host would think that I've hit an endstop when I'm no where near it.

Note: I've also had the issue where I was printing and the Y axis shifted as much as it possibly could and started to print off the end of the board. I have absolutely no clue what to do to fix this and I'm about to just smash this thing with a bat.

On top of all of this, when I do get it to print fine, at a certain time during the print, its like it loses its way and starts to print off the bed. Look at this photo from during my print. Wtf? I'm about to give up on this crap man. This is completely frustrating and I can't find any documentation that actually states how to deal with homing the printer on the machine itself, and if Repetier Host actually honors the offset when I set it. I'm 2 seconds from throwing this thing in the trash after spending 3 days trying to debug this.

Here is an example of it moving waaaayyy off my bed during the print:
https://imgur.com/8QOYwoD
Could you attach the wires of your printer?
We will refer it then check it.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

ducksauce88

Re: Repetier Host not allowing Y axis to move in both directions

Post by ducksauce88 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:42 am

Everything is attached properly. I'm able to move the y axis back and forth just fine after reflash of the firmware. The 2nd part of my post (about the y axis being thrown way off during mid print) is my main issue right now. It will take the it from a y axis point of 150 to about 300 or something. Which takes it way off the board and slides the board so far forwards it just jams up the printer. I can post a screen shot I took when I get home. You can see in the log the y coordinates change drastically mid print.