Broken end stop pin.

keyser187

Broken end stop pin.

Post by keyser187 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:51 pm

hi, i managed to break a pin on the y axis end stop :?
was wondering which end stop i would need to buy as the ones i see on geetech site and amazon show the red circuit board ones https://www.geeetech.com/6pcs-mechanica ... p-674.html( i have no clue about electronics :oops: ) so if i brought these, how would i attach them to my printer as they dont look like they will fit where the old ones go and also how do i plug it them into the board as the have 3 pins and my board has 2 pins?
thanx for any help

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Re: Broken end stop pin.

Post by _kaktus_ » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:29 pm

Hi.
:mrgreen:

It is not complicated.
In order to carry out the exchange reliably and without conflict, do the test first. ;)

To do this you will need a moment of free time and a simple multimeter. It is best if the multimeter has the function of measuring the continuity of the circuit.

Place the test ends on the end switch leads and then press the end switch lever.
At the same time you observe the multimeter readings. :D

My printer uses contacts that open when the lever is pressed. ;)
In other words, wires are connected to a pair of NC contacts (normally closed).

When buying a limit switch, do not be guided by the low price. It is better to buy a better quality switch. This will ensure that the printer is working properly. It is important that the switch always works at the same moment when the lever is pressed.
;)

Greetings sincerely. :mrgreen:
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.