3DTouch pin demagnetised

Tog

3DTouch pin demagnetised

Post by Tog » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:38 pm

The pin on my 3DTouch was randomly dropping down causing massive print failures. The LED remained lit so it was not being driven down.

To correct this I followed a suggestion to remagnetise the pin by unscrewing the top grub screw and removing the pin and leaving it stuck to a Neodymium magnet overnight.
Reinserting the pin was easy but setting it up was problematical. There is an instruction video on Youtube that explains how to calibrate it but this was only slightly helpful as my LED would flash rather than remain on solid and the resulting calibration meant that the pin "bounced" instead of maintaining a steady up or down position.

tldr: Use the Geeetech Youtube video to do a calibration and then test it. If the pin "bounces" turn the grub screw 1/4 turn clockwise and retest using 9 point grid levelling or similar and give the print head an occasional tap to simulate print vibration. Repeat until the pin remains steady.

N.B. Even though this adjustment only really affects the retraction distance it is worth checking the probe calibration afterwards to be safe.

carlm21

Re: 3DTouch pin demagnetised

Post by carlm21 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:33 pm

i had a similar issue, but i got i resolved