Second extruder scraping first extruder's work off

arminl

Second extruder scraping first extruder's work off

Post by arminl » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:37 pm

I have finished building the I3 Pro C device and did some test prints with Repetier-Host (Easyprint 3D has some issues, like heating up the second extruder even though it is not required for the print). I'm able to put down a good first layer, the problem is that the nozzle of the second extruder is scraping off the result once the head moves over the printed area again - or starts hopping over the bits it cannot dislocate because of good adhesion.

I assume the second extruder is badly adjusted and further down than the primary one. I tried to elevate it by one rotation of the heating block but it is not helping (and mechanically I'm not certain how well it will take more). Once assembled it is also very difficult to work on the head without pulling all the wiring again - not very well thought out, imho. It's also a bitch and a half to take measurements to figure out the proper calibration.

Is there any way to fix this issue without removing the second extruder from the print head completely?