M201 Build Instructions

e415ldc

M201 Build Instructions

Post by e415ldc » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:09 am

I've spent quite a bit of time looking through the forum and haven't seen any links so, i'm asking if there are any links to the "Build Instructions and/or User Manual" for the M201 DIY printer.

I'm thinking of purchasing a kit ans i want to look over the build process prior to committing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Larry

William
Site Admin

Re: M201 Build Instructions

Post by William » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:30 am

Hi, you can contract your seller.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Post by _kaktus_ » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:44 pm

Hi.
:mrgreen:

The documents you are asking for have been removed from the GT homepage.
But they are posted on the forum in one of the posts.

The best manual is our modest forum
. In case of any complications, I will be happy to help you with any problems you may have.

I can also tell you that this is an excellent design. Maybe some components are/were of poor quality but the whole thing can work perfectly. (I mean linear guides)

You should also know that this will be an excellent test of your talent, skills, and character. :D

I have a few friends - M201 owners - who managed to build and run this model very well. And they don't complain.
Some have lost their patience and abandoned this model in favour of another GT brand.
Others are still doing very well, and will probably be working to develop this model.

I'm still working on improving reliability and speeding up printing. :lol:
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Post by _kaktus_ » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:55 pm

ok.

Look here.

Let's just say this is the first time I've worked instead of you. :lol: And let it be the last time :!:

These instructions are very well prepared.
But for the newcomer I was once, they weren't detailed enough in a few places.
However, I did not fall.
There were also instructional videos available on YT.

You could jokingly say it's a printer for the tough guys.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.

e415ldc

Post by e415ldc » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:39 am

Thank you for the links. I've been working on my own "build" of an i3 using 2020 extrusion. Its working quite well with the GT2560A+ board and MK8 extruders. But the extruders ARE MK8s and trying to adjust the two to allow for dual extruder printing is VERY frustrating. The M201 with its switching extruder would eliminate that issue.

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Post by _kaktus_ » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:22 pm

Hi.

In my opinion, the M201 model can be a very good base for doing various experiments. For a do-it-yourselfer it can be a real rarity. :D
If you already have a different GT printer model, it will be easier with the next one. No matter what it is.
;)

It is also a perfect didactic and scientific "tool".

You can learn a lot by starting your crazy adventure in the 3D world with this printer. :lol: