Hot end fan or the bed cooler fan do not work.

dave m

Hot end fan or the bed cooler fan do not work.

Post by dave m » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:04 am

Hello Kaktus,
I have just updated my controller board to the M201 machine to the new
GTM32 Pro Vb board. My problem is nether the hot end fan or the bed cooler fan do not work.
I have loaded the firmware v1.0.01 ........... (I understand this problem is also in latter versions).

After extensive checking of the cables, (the new `Extruder switchboard` Geeetech T/0042 ) there is NO POWER, to either fan
or the two fan plugs (FAN0,FAN1).
Also there is no continuity between the 12 way plug (output from Extruder 0,1,2) and the yellow wire (PWM on Fan plug) ?

I assume that when the machine is turned on, that the hot end fan starts and stays on........
(If not staying on, and I start the `pre heat bed and hotend` it will melt the ptfe pipe and make a clogged up mess.......

I do need help, I don`t have much hair left............ Dave Markham (New Zealand)

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Re: Hot end fan or the bed cooler fan do not work.

Post by _kaktus_ » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:51 pm

A sincere welcome to the next user of the M201.
:mrgreen:

First of all, we will clarify a few points.
  • Some fans cannot be adjusted. They work whenever the printer is powered on. ,
  • Fans that can be regulated by PWM, in my printer work with full power from the moment of power on.
I assume that this is independent of the firmware version.

At the moment I don't remember all the details about the original place of connection of some fans, because my printer is heavily upgraded in terms of hardware. ;)
But since my fan on the printhead is connected according to my idea, this may indicate that the original had no adjustment capability, and worked continuously.
I have to read a series of my fan tutorials to remind myself of this. :roll:
dave m wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:04 am
After extensive checking of the cables, (the new `Extruder switchboard` Geeetech T/0042 ) there is NO POWER, to either fan
or the two fan plugs (FAN0,FAN1).
Also there is no continuity between the 12 way plug (output from Extruder 0,1,2) and the yellow wire (PWM on Fan plug) ?
If your extension board looks different than the one in my photos I will be happy to see your photo. :D

The issue of color coding and functions of individual fan cables, I explained in detail in this forum in another post. If you do not find this message (or it has been deleted), tell me about it I will write it again. :?

I'll just tell you to get you out of the error that when the fan has only three wires, the power supply wires (black, red) are used to control the speed of the fan.
Yellow wire is used to read the fan speed through the control system.
dave m wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:04 am
I assume that when the machine is turned on, that the hot end fan starts and stays on........
(If not staying on, and I start the `pre heat bed and hotend` it will melt the ptfe pipe and make a clogged up mess.......
Don't worry so much. For the PTFE tube to melt, you need a very high temperature (if I remember correctly, it's well above 300°C). I also wrote about it in this forum.
But you are right that cooling the head block is very necessary. :!:
I wrote about it here.

If I can help you, ask me boldly.
;)
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Post by _kaktus_ » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:42 pm

Hi.

I'm curious how your work is progressing? Have you already solved the problem that plagued you :?:
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.

dave m

Post by dave m » Wed May 22, 2019 12:09 pm

Hi Kaktus, The problem is mostly solved (hot end fan working, but also the part cooling fan as well?) this was after we changed to a new controller board....too many problems with old, possibly damaged board.

New problem, the X,Y movements are OK. The Z movement increments are out (not gaining correct height when printing).
Where can I get the correct setting`s for the `Control`section of the firmware ???

I have loaded Firmware\M201_V1.0.01.bin (the new board came with version 3, which gave the same wrong height during printing)

Regards Dave M. (NZ)

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Post by _kaktus_ » Fri May 31, 2019 11:35 am

Hi

I am in the process of preparing a manual on fine-tuning mechanisms. It aims to make users aware of the problems they may encounter and what they can do to prevent the problems you are writing about. :D

Because you are the next interested person to talk about it, I will speed up my work. ;)