M201 Assembly

ejakubik810

M201 Assembly

Post by ejakubik810 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:49 pm

Assembled with the aid of the u-tube videos, but how do i find the "detailed instructions for assembly", the manual says to go to there web site, did that can't find instructions. Need, how to connect the wires, how to plug in the ribbon cable, start up instructions, and a user guide/how to manual.
this is the first one i have ever had. right now feel like i should return the item.
Attachments
20181226_234947.jpg
where do i connect the extruders "o" &"1"
20181226_234947.jpg (373.19 KiB) Viewed 10124 times
20181226_235019.jpg
is the ribbon connected right?
20181226_235019.jpg (167.57 KiB) Viewed 10124 times

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Re: M201 Assembly

Post by _kaktus_ » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:55 pm

Hi.
:mrgreen:

If you want to give in, this may be the best moment.
Every DIY printer is a real challenge for a novice. :D

If you can't be properly inquisitive at the beginning of your adventure, don't buy any printer.
However, if you find enough strength to solve problems, you will be successful. ;)
Nobody says it will be easy. You can believe me that the opposite is true.
But everything in your hands.

Start by reading this subforum.

Read the construction manual. It is available in the GT store at the description of this printer. Check out the GT wiki, watch the videos (prepared by GT) showing the building of this model.

You can also browse my photo gallery from the building of this printer.

If you still have problems with something ask a specific question, don't complain.
Surely someone will help you. Maybe it will be me. ;)

I'll tell you one more thing, Building a printer is the easiest step in the whole procedure of commissioning.
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Post by _kaktus_ » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:09 pm

Hello.

I checked the availability of the user's book.
Since it has been removed from the shop's website, I upload a copy. :oops:
Building Instructions of Geeetech Prusa I3 M201.zip
(4.12 MiB) Downloaded 465 times
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 user manual.zip
(3.04 MiB) Downloaded 633 times
Maybe it will be easier for you now.
:D
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.

ejakubik810

Post by ejakubik810 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:19 am

Step 8, moving the stepper motors independently. The "X": stepper motor will not rotate, i have the belt off, and loaded the repeitor program. Attached is the screen shot of the step i'm trying to using, to move the "X" stepper motor, used both the manual movement and the home.
i have moved the wires around and the motor is working, but it is not being told electrically to move.
What are the electro positive values required for each wire, and how do i adjust them (where is the POT)?
Attachments
stepper motor.jpg
stepper motor.jpg (47.87 KiB) Viewed 10063 times

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Post by _kaktus_ » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:53 am

Hi.
;)

I understand that at the moment you have a problem with stepper motor control.

Have you checked the correct wiring and the order in which they are arranged in the plug is correct? :?:
Have you already adjusted the stepper motor current in the stepstick module :?:

ejakubik810

Post by ejakubik810 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:20 pm

You wrote, "Have you checked the correct wiring and the order in which they are arranged in the plug is correct?"
Ed Wrote, With out a wiring diagram it is difficult to tell if it is correct, but all three plugs have four wires to each and the colors and there respective locations are the same with respect to each other, and that when i connect another stepper motors wire in to the suspect stepper it moves. Therefore deduction suggests that the wire may be "correct". See attached Picture

You Wrote, "Have you already adjusted the stepper motor current in the stepstick module"
Ed Wrote, With out a wiring diagram, pin out, nor board diagram showing what item is the adjustment for each stepper motor, i can't get the fish to jump in the boat. I have no information, Please provide a diagram showing where the adjustment is made, and most importantly, what is the value for electrical out put at each wire. See attached picture.
Thanks for your help.
Ed
Attachments
wires correct.jpg
are these wires correct??
wires correct.jpg (213.37 KiB) Viewed 9973 times
is this missing a board.jpg
Is this missing a board??
is this missing a board.jpg (207.8 KiB) Viewed 9973 times

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Post by _kaktus_ » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:40 pm

Hi.

I've already liked you. :lol:

The information you need is available on the forum.
I always encourage everyone to explore this abundant reading. You can find out a lot.

But since you have made some effort, so I will be happy to help you and I will devote some of my time to you. ;)

When I built my printer, wires were crossed in one bundle. Of course I compared them with others. That's why I detected someone's mistake.

One day my friend from the forum (Mat), who also has M201, had a big problem, because the socket in the controller board was badly soldered. It took some time before we came up with it.
It was then that the subject was created: The sequence of wires in the stepper motor connector

Problem number two. :idea:
Adjusting the stepper motor current in the stepstick module: Turning up current - A4988

You can choose the values experimentally, so that the mechanism runs smoothly and the motors do not get too hot. :roll:
Of course, in order to do this professionally you need to refer to the data sheet of the stepper motor (which we do not have) and calculate the value of Vref voltage.

################################################################################################

You know what ... For some time I'm going to prepare some guides for users of our model:
  • Which components have I replaced and why?
  • A few words about extruders and their assembly, and a small design error.
  • How to properly adjust the stepper motor current + a few words about stepstick modules.
  • Why is it so difficult to prepare the Z-axis mechanism for proper operation.
What do you think would be the most helpful for you at this stage?

################################################################################################

The controller board in our model is a versatile universal construction. That is why one socket does not require a stepstick module. It's not used in our model. And firmware has no support for it.

At this point I will suggest that you get acquainted with the topic: kaktus' guide - GTM32 Pro vB controller board - how to read.

If you don't have enough information, ask boldly. ;)
If there is no answer on the forum because you will get a rod. :lol: It's a joke.

And don't get angry with me because it's very tiring to constantly answer the same questions to every newcomer on the forum. :cry: You understand.
This is not a digression in your direction.

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Post by _kaktus_ » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:58 am

Hi.

The wiki site of this model contains a link to the YT channel with assembly instructional videos.

How do you handle the installation and commissioning of the printer. You haven't written anything for a long time. :?:

ejakubik810

Post by ejakubik810 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:45 am

Please provide drawing with pin out. Showing identifications, and voltage value.

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Post by _kaktus_ » Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:13 am

;)

We can look at the schematic diagram of the electronic system.

:D