problems with the Y axis

maauuro

problems with the Y axis

Post by maauuro » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:25 am

hello
I apologize if the English translation is not the best, since the original language of the text is Spanish.
I want to ask for your help, I bought a printer prusa i3 m201 and so far I could not print the first model well, the problem I have is that there is always a jump in the Y axis, in any figure that I try to print, I searched in Many forums and followed the recommendations, but to date nothing has worked for me. What I have done is the following:

1. At the physical level, check the Y-axis motor, and they are fine, however, I stressed them more, I de-stressed them and with several tests I did everything remains the same. I also checked the drivers and measured the current they were delivering to each motor, I turned on the power to all, the current down to all, change the position drivers, I did many tests and still continues with the same problem. Change the position motors to see if it was the motor, but it still does not work, it keeps moving on the Y axis. I also put a fan on the plate to see if it was temperature and it stays the same,
2. At the software level, update the printer firmware to V1.0.03, since my board is a GTM32Pro vB, everything went fine, but the problem with the Y axis still follows.
3. I currently use the Repetier host software, I have changed each of the parameters to see if it improves, I have tried with several models, I have tried to print from the PC with the USB cable and from the SD memory, but the Y axis is still moving .

I really do not know what else to do, I thank you very much if anyone has any other idea of what the problem might be.

Thank you.

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Re: problems with the Y axis

Post by _kaktus_ » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:34 pm

Hi maauuro.
:mrgreen:

I will try to help you solve problems with this printer.
Don't worry if I can reply to your message it means that your English is excellent. ;)

And now we come back to your problem.
I understand that your printouts are damaged and look like this:
rozsuwanie_warstw.jpg
rozsuwanie_warstw.jpg (403.82 KiB) Viewed 4971 times
This is the shifting of layers.

To minimize this effect you can:
  • adjust the stepper motor controller's Vref voltage,
  • Tension the V-belt,
  • Lubricate the linear guideways with some good oil,
  • Reduce print speed.
:D

Additionally, check the surface of the linear guideways. It should be smooth as compared to the glass surface.
It's unpleasant but when I bought a printer some of the components were of poor quality. :?
The linear guides that I received had insufficiently smooth surfaces. Admittedly, during the intensive use of the printer, the surface smoothed and polished itself. But these linear guides wear out quickly because they didn't have the required hardness. (after about half a year of use)
As a result, I replaced all linear guides with new ones.
You need to know that I am not in favour of replacing components in the printer. I do this only as a last resort. 8-)

I bought myself stainless steel slides with a hardened surface. The cost was small.
Now my prints look like this one:
test_struktury.jpg
test_struktury.jpg (359.73 KiB) Viewed 4971 times
You can clearly see the resulting printout and the regular structure of the filling. :D

This printer is a great design, but if you are new to the world of 3D printing you must be patient and gain some knowledge.
Remember that you will certainly succeed, and you are not alone with this printer.
Read all messages from this section and your start will be easier and more enjoyable.
Write also about your failures and successes.

Later I will give you the current Vref voltages and my Repetier-Host configuration. :)
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Re: problems with the Y axis

Post by _kaktus_ » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:34 am

Hi.
:mrgreen:

I have prepared an image for you with my print speed configuration (left side) and the current print speed setting (right side).
speed_conf.png
speed_conf.png (71.7 KiB) Viewed 4957 times
You can start using a printer with a minimum print speed setting. In some time (after several dozen hours of work) a little bit faster.
Let the mechanisms get through.
It's like with the engine in a new car. It must work to be reliable. :D

My actual Vref settings for stepstick modules of individual axes:
  • X = 0,45V
  • Y = 0,40V
  • Zr = 0,69V (Z right)
  • Zl = 0,69V (Z left)
  • E0 = 0,60V
  • E1 = 0,60V
Read also about this topic.
The XYZ axis modules have additional protective Shottky diodes. :D
For the Z axis I wrote Z left and Z right because I use the module of my design "DUAL STEPSTICKs adapter".

Until now, all motors are original (42HSD0034-20B) as supplied by the manufacturer. :mrgreen:
I want to test some more powerful motors (N42HS3418-24B22) in the future.

I don't think it's necessary, but I want to know the difference in printer functionality. :idea:
Maybe it will be possible to speed up the speed of work. :D

You may still have problems with extruders and moving the Z-axis mechanisms. If you can't solve them on your own, ask.
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.