Right hand Z-Stepper loosing steps

David H.

Right hand Z-Stepper loosing steps

Post by David H. » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:55 am

I bought the i3X on the 30th of march 2018, now not even a year later the Stepper motor of the right hand Z-axis is loosing a significant amount of steps, an issue which seems to get progressively worse. I have tried switching around the connectors on the board since they run parallel off the same driver. That did no help. So I am not quite sure if its the, in my opinion, slightly sketchy system of running 2 steppers off 1 driver or if if the actual stepper is faulty. Any help is appreciated

Best Regards

David H.

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Re: Right hand Z-Stepper loosing steps

Post by _kaktus_ » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:17 am

Hi
:mrgreen:

Most of the problems with moving the Z-axis mechanism are due to its complex design.
Everything must be very carefully built and checked. ;) :roll:

I do not know what you have already done to check the correct work because you have not written anything. :roll:
I understand that you are not a novice.

This forum contains a lot of tips and solved problems, the subject of which is the proper functioning of this mechanism.

It is worth checking other sections as well. 8-)
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.

David H.

Re: Right hand Z-Stepper loosing steps

Post by David H. » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:21 am

The problem is not mechanical, so it must be electrical, the X-axis can movo freely when balanced but when I let the motors move the Z-axis the right hand one, simply put, doesnt move as much as its supposed to. That creates an imbalance and gets the X-axis stuck. At first I though the G-code was the problem but the same thing happens when I just move the Z-axis via the printer menu and when not loaded with the weight of the X-axis.
Unfortunately I could not find any answers in the forum and I do not have the equipment to propperly check electronic components to see if its the motor or the board/driver.