rostock delta g2s stepper motor woes

mad about 3d printing

rostock delta g2s stepper motor woes

Post by mad about 3d printing » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:41 am

I have built and calibrated my G2S delta printer. this is my 2nd printer but my first one was already built so I have no experience in calibrating a printer from scratch.
it has a GT2560A board. My problem is the stepper motors keep skipping. I have checked the belts are tight enough but the skipping still continues. from what I can tell I need to adjust the current on the steppers but I have no experience in doing anything like this so I am a bit wary in just playing with the settings till it works in case I break something.
Can anyone give me a simple laymans guide to setting these as all the guides i have found get really technical and i get confused.
can someone help me please????

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Re: rostock delta g2s stepper motor woes

Post by _kaktus_ » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:39 pm

Hello.
:mrgreen:

Adjusting the stepper motor current in the stepstick module: Turning up current - A4988

You can experimentally try to gradually increase the Vref voltage. Up to the moment when the loss of steps stops.

It is also worth checking if all mechanisms work easily and without difficulty. I assume that you have already done it. ;)

In addition, I will explain that in order to correctly set the Vref in the stepstick module, it is necessary to know the value of the rated motor current. On this basis it is possible to estimate what the correct Vref value should be.

If this explanation has not dispelled all your doubts, ask for details. ;)
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.

mad about 3d printing

Post by mad about 3d printing » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:18 pm

thanks _kaktus_
I will have a look at that :D

mad about 3d printing

Post by mad about 3d printing » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:21 am

_kaktus_ that worked a treat. I still have a slipping issue but I think that it is that one of my belts is a little bit long and the adjuster is at its maximum. I am going to shorten it slightly and doulble check that everything else is moving smoothly but it is a vast improvement. thanks for your help