Geetech Delts G2s Build

deepskysteve

Geetech Delts G2s Build

Post by deepskysteve » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:47 pm

Hi I have just completed the build of the G2s Delta printer I have connected this via USB to repetier host V 1.0.5 and when I go to home it moves up but one of the arms doesn't stop and the motor stars clicking I am not sure if I have to do anything to make this work after building any help would be appreciated.
Steve

dohabandit

Re: Geetech Delts G2s Build

Post by dohabandit » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:07 am

Check the mechanical home position switch with an ohmmeter. It should open/close the circuit when you manually press it. If the home sensing switch is good, check the wiring to the controller board. Make sure you have it in the correct location on the board. There is an X a Y and a Z. If the printer is moving the X servo to home, but the contact switch that engages is connected to Y, it will KEEP MOVING. This will cause the belt to start popping off the servo spindle and may damage the belt or servo.

When I built my printer, I tried never to use the goto or HOME settings until I had manually set everything using manual movements. Use small moves so that if it does bottom out it doesn't keep trying to push the servo. That said, I have crashed the nozzle into the printing surface a couple times and did have a servo reversed. My printer is working fine afterwards.