Rostock 301 Layer fan

raoulito9

Rostock 301 Layer fan

Post by raoulito9 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:02 pm

Hi.
Can i pilot a layer fan with the 1.0.0.2 firmware if i plug it to the pwm plug from extruder 2 or 3 extension board ?

I say pilot because i want it to swich on at second or third layer... Not to blow all time.

Thank you for your answer.

William
Site Admin

Re: Rostock 301 Layer fan

Post by William » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:10 am

The PWM control on extruder2/3 extension board is available,so you can have a control with a G-code like "M106 P1/2 S255" to have a control.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

raoulito9

Post by raoulito9 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:37 pm

Thank you William.

raoulito9

Post by raoulito9 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:06 pm

Hi William.
This works.

What i would want to do is to automatically pilot the layer fan.
This can be done by slicers.

The thing is that the layer fan must be assigned into firmware to be operated correctly by slicer, not manually.
As i can't modifie it by miself, Could you provide a firmware version that would assign T1 Pwm plug to layer fan (as it is easy to do with Marlin on arduino)
It is easy to do, but impossible for me without sources...

Thank you for your help.

Lami René

Post by Lami René » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:22 pm

Bonjour,

Je suis curieux de voir combien de temps vont prendre les programmeurs de Geeetech pour faire cette petite modification !

Je pense que les hauts responsables chez Geeetech ne connaissent pas tous les avantages de rendre Open Source leurs matériels, leurs logiciels et micrologiciel.

Ils sont tout aussi perdants que nous. Ils n'ont que quelques personnes qui travaillent au développement de ce matériel et de ces logiciels et micrologiciel chez Geeetech et ils sont débordés seulement avec les bogues à corriger, alors pour des améliorations, nous devrons patienter des années, je pense !

S'ils rendaient le micrologiciel Open Source, ils se retrouveraient avec des milliers de personnes bénévoles très compétentes et motivées de tous les pays du monde pour corriger les bogues et apporter des centaines d'améliorations au micrologiciel, comme cette modification que vous demandez et pour par exemple intégrer l'ajout du capteur 3DTouch pour toutes leurs imprimantes Open Source !

Finalement, ils sont plus perdants que nous, car nous, nous n'achèterons plus jamais de produit de ce genre d'entreprise qui offre s'y peu de service après-vente et s'y peu d'assistance technique.

De plus, ils sont dans l'illégalité en ne respectant pas la licence de Marlin dont ils s'inspirent ! Ils sont finalement perdants sur toute la ligne.

Je suggère aux modérateurs de ce forum de transmettre ou de recopier ma présente réponse à leurs hauts responsables !

Cordialement,

L'ami René
Un pour tous et tous pour un !
One for all and all for one !
-------------------------------------
Mon imprimante modifié : http://forums.reprap.org/read.php?178,781375,781375
Voir aussi pour mes pièces : https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2464177

raoulito9

Post by raoulito9 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:48 pm

Hi
I plugged fan on the PWM extruder 3 plug, and.... Miracle.
Fan works just as expected.
It starts at the 3 rd layer, and stops at the end of print....

William; why don't you say that ???

Lami René

Post by Lami René » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:57 pm

Hello,
Bonjour,

You will find the original text translated into English following this original French text.

Vous trouverez le texte original traduit en anglais à la suite du présent texte original en français.

Merci raoulito9 !

William, pourriez-vous confirmer le dernier point de raoulito9 concernant le branchement du ventilateur secondaire sur le circuit de l'extrudeur # 2 et du bon fonctionnement (Off au début de l'impression et On pour la couche 3 et plus, etc.) ?

Quel est l'algorithme exactement pour le ventilateur secondaire ?

Merci !

Cordialement,

L'ami René
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hello,

Excuse me, I am unilingual francophone and I use Google translator to translate the texts of the forum in French and to write to you in English. Thank you for your understanding and your indulgence for these texts translated mechanically!

Thanks raoulito9!

William, could you confirm the last point of raoulito9 concerning the connection of the secondary fan to the circuit of extruder # 2 and correct operation (Off at the start of printing and On for layer 3 and more, etc.) ?

What is the algorithm exactly for the secondary fan?

Thank you !

Cordially,

Friend René
Un pour tous et tous pour un !
One for all and all for one !
-------------------------------------
Mon imprimante modifié : http://forums.reprap.org/read.php?178,781375,781375
Voir aussi pour mes pièces : https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2464177

Veenoh

Post by Veenoh » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:07 am

Hi raoulito9,

Thanks for the fan support you posted on Thingiverse. I commented there as follows:
Thanks for the good design but I have some problems. The fan sticks out far enough that it hits the tower rods on larger prints. If I adjust it straighter down, it hits the bed. It also hits the diagonal rods when the position goes away from center enough.
Also, while not a deal breaker, it's really hard to reach the screws to install and tighten them.
That said, I'm not sure what can be done about these issues. A small fan maybe, or ducting that would allow the fan to mount in a different position?
Have you noticed the same problems and, if so, come up with any solutions?

Thanks.

--Dave

raoulito9

Post by raoulito9 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:43 pm

Hi; Here is what i replied on thingiverse.
"Hi Dave.

All that you said is correct. I get the same issues.
But, the things i printed almost nevet reached the limits that are givent by my fan, and the support can flex a little when touchnig rods.
To improve the desing, as you said, we should make a duct.As i am quite happy with the support, i've not tried.
I previously tried another thing : A 50 mm blower, installed on the umpper delta, conected to the hotend with an aquarium tube.
I abandonned it because the air flow was not sufficient... with the 50 mm blower.
Regards.
Serge.
"
Something else is another 301 mate, René, has the project to desing a duct.
He'll let us know when done !

Alexander Amelkin

Post by Alexander Amelkin » Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:21 am

I plugged fan on the PWM extruder 3 plug, and.... Miracle.
Fan works just as expected.
It starts at the 3 rd layer, and stops at the end of print....

William; why don't you say that ???
I guess that's because they don't realise how buggy their firmware is. Apparently, the PWM fan on extruder 3 is controlled by "M106 P0" command instead of "M106 P3".
That must be a kludge to make extruder 1 PWM fan to be always on because the assembly manual says, AFAIR, that the hotend fan must be connected to PWM of extruder 1.
// SoF