ANET A8 GT2560 W/ BLTOUCH

jayenvy

ANET A8 GT2560 W/ BLTOUCH

Post by jayenvy » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:34 am

I have been trying for weeks now. I have the GT2560 rev a board. I originally purchased the ANET A8 with the probe sensor and melzi 2.0 v5 1284p board. I purchased the GT2560 because i picked up a BLTOUCH and there are no wiring diagrams or installs for my board so thats why i purchased the GT2560 as my upgrade. My main issue is i am unable to update the ANET A8 firmware using the atmega 2560 board. I am redirected to choose a anet v1 board. I have tried changing the motherboard to GT2560 and GT2560_REV_A. both failed to upload the firmware. I am able to upload the GT2560 settings but BLTouch will not work and the settings are from from ANET A8. I can also upload the Prusa i3 B with working BLTouch but the setting dont allow my prints to compile correctly. I have tried changing the settings to match the ANET A8 but get different results then original ANET A8 settings. So I am lost for words on what to do. I have reached out to Marlin Forums and they could not assist. I am doing everything in my power not to return this board and just pick up a anet v1. I really like this board and want it to work with my setup but there is no information or settings or youtube videos on how to make this work with the ANET A8 and print properly. If you have the correct settings or downloads or information please point me in the right direction. I have been unable to use my printer for a month now due to this issue.

TRY3D

Re: ANET A8 GT2560 W/ BLTOUCH

Post by TRY3D » Fri May 25, 2018 9:09 am

Iv'e been having the same issue. I uploaded a configuration of Marlin and need to go and make changes. Every time i go to reload the firmware via Arduino IDE it fails. I have board 75 GT2560 Rev A+ selected in the firmware and the proper board and processor selected in the IDE but same thing. This is my second board and had the same problem with the first. I hoped it was just the first board was bad. Let me know if you come across a solution.

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Post by _kaktus_ » Fri May 25, 2018 12:12 pm

Hi TRY3D

Think carefully about what you do. Get new information.
It is unlikely that all of your controller boards are out of order.
You may be making a small mistake and therefore not successful.

TRY3D

Post by TRY3D » Sat May 26, 2018 10:44 am

ok so i figured out what i was doing wrong. First of all I was steering away from the CH341 driver for Mac because the old 340/341 driver crashed in OSX 13. I read through the manual a little closer just to see if there were any clues for changing the loaded firmware. I came across the links for the drivers and decided to take a look at them. After going through the contents I realized it was updated from the previous. I installed and restarted. Plugged in the board, applied power and hit upload in the IDE. Moments later my new firmware had been uploaded. I made a few more changes and updated again. All of the initial problems have been solved. Of course new ones populated but they are not because of the board. Lastly I did read that the DRV8825 (purple) motor drivers have to be set of the board with the MS1,2,3 as off, off, on respectively. I hope this helps you jayenvy.