I3 pro B setup... HELPPPP

Jkendall

I3 pro B setup... HELPPPP

Post by Jkendall » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:19 pm

Hey guys, I got one if the i3 pro b's for Christmas and due to working long hours and the difficulty of building the printer, I've only just finished building it two days ago.
So I installed drivers and software ect on the computer and off I went. First step hit the "home" button, the build plate started to move then hit the endstop and kept going, making horrible noises in the process, so I hit the emergency stop and tried manually controlling it. Once in manual mode I was able to move the build plate (alough the endstop did not cause it to stop) when I try to move the extruder it makes a horrible grinding noise and won't move. Also the X axes won't move at all either, nor will the extruder motor. Any suggestions of what I can do to fix this?
Thanks in advance, can't wait to get something printed

William
Site Admin

Re: I3 pro B setup... HELPPPP

Post by William » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:14 am

:D Hi, 1. You can check whether the wiring on your motherboard is correct:
whether the installation position of the x-axis drive board corresponds to the position of the x-axis motor;
A+接线板.jpg
A+接线板.jpg (598.18 KiB) Viewed 11573 times

2. You can connect the printer via USB, enter M119 in the manual control mode, and check the limit switch.
Specific operations can refer to: http://geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=60927

3. If the extruder motor cannot run normally,
you can exchange the normally running motor line with the extruder motor line
(do not exchange the position on the motherboard) to see if the motor line is damaged.

I hope this can help you.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Jkendall

Post by Jkendall » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:03 am

Hi guys thanks for your quick response really sorry it's taken me this long to get back to you! I have checked the motherboard and all cables are plugged into their correct.
I will check endstop function tonight and I will check rhw cables Tonight too.
Is it possible to plug the extruder into ext2 to test function?
Thanks guys!

Jkendall

Post by Jkendall » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:24 pm

Right, I've checked and double checked all my connections are correct which they are. I tested the endstop function with the command via pc and they are working correctly showing open and closed states.

I still cannot get the up/down movement to work, both motors try to turn the shafts but seem to just be vibrating in place and not atcually turning the shafts.
I also still cannot get the X axis to move either. I have checked the cables by swapping them with the cables from the working motors.
Is there anything else I can try?
Thanks 😁

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:23 am

Hi,You can try to replace the normal motor cable and other motor cable ports on the motherboard. If the exchange does not work, the motor ports on the motherboard may have problems.

Jkendall

Post by Jkendall » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:30 am

I've plugged the x axis motor into the z axis and when i do that the x axis moves!! So yes I think its a problem with the board! I re-uploaded the firmware to it to see if this had any effect but it did not. I still cannot get the z axis (up and down motion) to work though, the motors just 'vibrate' both threaded shafts without turning them.
How would I go about getting a replacement motherboard?

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:25 am

Hi,you can check whether your z-axis is installed correctly, whether the threaded rod is bent, whether the coupling is installed correctly, whether the brass nut is too tight, and whether the left and right z-axis are on the same horizontal line.

GAQ

Post by GAQ » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:09 am

Hi JKendall,
Just some thoughts...
You say the Z axis motors 'Vibrate' but don't turn...
Have you tried taking the rods out completely and seeing if they turn ?
If they do, then there's too much resistance in turning the rods - Hence a mechanical problem, not electrical...
Have you tried moving the axes manually - ie turn off the printer.
Can you slide the X axis carriage from side to side quite easily ? - No sticky sections ?
Can you turn the rods manually - together at the same time, to keep the X axis level.
Can you make the z axis go up down easily - again, no sticky points ?
I would have thought a mechanical issue would be most likely at fault with a new build rather than an electrical fault.
Let us know how you get on with the tests listed above...
Gerry

Jkendall

Post by Jkendall » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:46 pm

Hi guys sorry it's been so long since my last reply, this is starting to get me down as this was my Christmas present. I have checked both threaded rods and they are both perfectly straight, the z axes will move by hand without any tight spots ect, but motors are still 'vibrating' without turning. I will remove the couplings and make sure the motors turn without a load applied to them.
Now the X axes, I can manually move it side to side by hand without any tight spots BUT my main thinking with it being a electrical fault is if I plug the X axes into the Y axes spot the X axes will move side to side without any issues. Obviously in this setup the Y axes is plugged into the X axes spot and the Y axes will not move at all. No matter what I do I cannot get the X socket on the board to produce any output at all.
Again really sorry for the long reply, thanks in advance 😁

derekpittx

Post by derekpittx » Mon May 04, 2020 3:32 am

I still cannot get the up/down movement to work, both motors try to turn the shafts but seem to just be vibrating in place and not atcually turning the shafts.
tubemate mobdro and authorityapk
Last edited by derekpittx on Tue May 05, 2020 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.