Linear Bearing #Partno 38. Failed before use.

BeeKeeper

Linear Bearing #Partno 38. Failed before use.

Post by BeeKeeper » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:41 pm

While building the I3 Pro B 3D printer, the Linear Bearing part number 38 jammed up. Upon freeing it, two tiny ball bearings escaped. The part is no longer functional. The build is halted with great sadness in my heart. Amazon.co.uk will support a return as it was purchased on prime, but that is not what I want to do. Can you replace the defective bearing please. This is my first 3D printer and have enjoyed watching your youtube videos on assembly and look forward to trying it all out.

Please advise if you can replace the parts, or do I return the Half assembled 3d printer?

Best reagrds
Beek.

BeeKeeper

Re: Linear Bearing #Partno 38. Failed before use.

Post by BeeKeeper » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:38 am

Geeetech are not responding to the email or telephone numbers and Amazon are unable to contact them so it seems. I will send the unit back to Amazon and will look at the Interwebs to see if I can get a more reliable and recommended 3d printer from somewhere else.
All in all, a sad experiance and not one I would like again as a new 3d printer user.

Beek

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:32 am

Hi, You can provide your order number and email address.
The linear bearing of PRO B will be replaced.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

GAQ

Post by GAQ » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:00 am

Hi Beek,
The linear bearings are available all over Amazon/Ebay at such a low price that this may well be the best option for you as it's faster than any other method !
Just check length and diameter required, you'll find a direct replacement very easily.
I'd add a few drops of light oil into each linear bearing before assembly...
Gerry