I3 Pro B Z-axis and LCD issues

danchappers

I3 Pro B Z-axis and LCD issues

Post by danchappers » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:17 pm

Hi all,

I've recently bought a 2nd hand (and never used) i3 Pro B. It was mostly built with just the wiring up to do, but I have 2 problems that I'm struggling with. Please forgive me as I'm brand new to 3d printing. The 2 issues I'm having:

- LCD button - the button rotates but it doesn't push in so I'm unable to use any functionality on the LCD. Is this a defective LCD screen 9r could ot have been build incorrectly?

- Z Axis movement - there's no Z Axis movent but both motors are working and will attempt to move up and down when using the software. If I gently help rotate the threaded rod it will go up and down but never on its own. I've tried to ensure both sides are threaded to be equal but that doesn't seem to matter.

Sorry for what's probably really basic questions for you but I'm not too sure where to start with troubleshooting this.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice you can give.

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Re: I3 Pro B Z-axis and LCD issues

Post by _kaktus_ » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:37 pm

Hello.
:mrgreen:

The LCD module has a regular pulser (incremental encoder).
If you have a multimeter you can easily test this part. ;)

If you have problems with Z-axis drives, I suggest you dismantle the whole mechanism and build it from scratch.
Yes, it's a fundamental problem for every new DIY enthusiast who builds his printer. :D

The mechanism must be constructed so that appropriate components are parallel and perpendicular to each other. Everything must work gently and without any obstacles.
;)
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.

Imposter

Re: I3 Pro B Z-axis and LCD issues

Post by Imposter » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:58 am

Hi

Have you tried a different driver board, just swap it with the x or y axis one and see what happens, I had the same problem so swapped over and it the worked. I the sprayed the potentiomer on the original board with isopropyl whilst turning it on the driver board, then replaced and all was good :)
I am a Senior computer engineer.
I love Aviation and Flight simulation.
Also Electrical and mechanical engineering, electronics and design.