Z axis motors moving in opposite direction to each other

SamT

Z axis motors moving in opposite direction to each other

Post by SamT » Wed May 01, 2019 10:07 pm

Hi guys,

Just in the process of setting up the printer, ive got to the stage the test the homing positions and have encountered a problem.

Ive tried searching, but having seen any posts on my issue.

When using Repetier, connecting to the printer and commencing the manual home, the x and y axis work fine. They hit the end stop and the test progresses to the next motor test. The last stage, the z axis motors turn in the opposite direction to each other. Left side is trying to go up, the right side is trying to go down.

When adjusting the firmware (True/false) this just switches the issue, left side goes down and right side goes up.

Is this just a simple wiring issue? have I plugged into the wrong point on the board? The board is GT2560

Thanks in advance for any help and advice anyone can offer

SamT

Re: Z axis motors moving in opposite direction to each other

Post by SamT » Wed May 01, 2019 10:31 pm

One thing I have noticed, the wiring order on my top z axis plug goes black, green, red and blue.
All the motor plugs below, plug in the opposite way, blue, red, green and black.

looking at other diagrams and photos, my top plug looks to be mounted upside down, could this be why I am experiencing the motors moving in opposite directions?

Picture attached:
Attachments
printer z axis plugs.jpg
printer z axis plugs.jpg (196.85 KiB) Viewed 4766 times

GAQ

Post by GAQ » Thu May 09, 2019 2:40 pm

Hi SamT,

I've looked at your photo and I think you're quite correct in thinking you have a reversed plug.
That would have thrown me off course with my build !

All my plugs have blue on the left. ( GT2560 A+ Board.)

You can see your supplier for a replacement... or do you think quicker to make up a plug/socket short lead to correct this ?

No, you're not going mad. It's not your error !

Gerry

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Post by _kaktus_ » Tue May 14, 2019 11:00 am

Hi.
:mrgreen:

Yes, it is an assembly error :!:

To fix it, remove the plug.
Then gently but firmly pull the socket body. There will be only pins left in the PCB.
Then insert the body turned back 180 degrees.
Connect the plug.
:D
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.