Extruder: rattling noise

Feathyr

Extruder: rattling noise

Post by Feathyr » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:37 pm

Hello,

i am new to 3d-printing and i am facing a problem i really couldnt figure out what it is.
My Printer is a Geeetech Prua Pro I3 B
I print white 1.75mm PLA Filament.

THe Problem i am facing is that the extruder makes a clicking sound during printing. The result of this is, that my printed objects contain gaps and imperfections. (see picture attached)

To me it sounds as if the extruder motor tries to push more filament through the nozzle than it should or can.

I tried to vary the temperature in a range from 190-210 degrees but that didnt bring any improvements.

I also tried to redeuce the retract length from 2mm to 1mm, again 0 effect.

My next thought was if maybe the nozzle is blocked, but it seems to me ok, i heated up the extruder and fed the filament by hand, it came out and hat the exact 0.3 mm diameter it should have, is this test sufficiend? If not i maybe need some instructions/pictures how to disamble the extruder.

In this forum i read similar topics several times so it maybe is a problem many people face, but i didnt found a thread with exactly my problem.

What i am asking for now is, that some expierienced 3d-printer guy may could give me some ideas what and how to check next.
If you need more information from me, i will happy to share them.
Somehow i feel like it might be a problem with my settings, because i use most of it in default and printed just 2-3 objects with not great success.

Greetings
Attachments
Object_gcode_stl.zip
(1.09 MiB) Downloaded 236 times
2019-03-18 11.20.01.jpg
2019-03-18 11.20.01.jpg (173.91 KiB) Viewed 3801 times

Feathyr

Re: Extruder: rattling noise

Post by Feathyr » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:59 pm

Update:

I figured out three things:

first in my settings i use 1.75mm for the diameter of the filament, but at was in fact 2.1mm. At the beginning of the role it was 1.75 i measured it. but after some prints it got thicker during the middle of the role.

After i changed the diameter to the correct one, the problem got WAY better, but still is persistent.

Second i checked again if the nozzle is cloged in some way by the cold pull method, did this 3 times und always doesnt seem to bring any improvement.

And third i printed a filament guide to bring in the filament perpendicular to the extruder, dont know if it helps, but i think it is better that way.

Do you guys have any ideas left, what to try?

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:37 pm

Hi,
It seems you've got a bad quality roll PLA filament.
You need to feedback it to the sales and ask them to send you the good one.
;)
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Feathyr

Post by Feathyr » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:00 am

Hi,

yes it was a poor quality roll. i dumped it and ordered a new one. This role arrived and now is 1.8 mm which is ok in my opinion. My extrusion Problem seem to relate mainly to this old roll pla.

Rigth now i am printing with good success.