Marlin 1.1.9 with BLTouch for i3 Pro B - with T8 Lead Screw, by wwysocki

wwysocki

Marlin 1.1.9 with BLTouch for i3 Pro B - with T8 Lead Screw, by wwysocki

Post by wwysocki » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:17 am

Hi

If you guys interested here is latest Marlin Firmware I prepared for my Geeetech i3 Pro B with BLTouch bed leveling sensor. My printer is using GT2560 A+ motherboard - using pin 11 for BLTouch (original firmware is using pin 32 but it doesn't work on my device). Spent a lot of time troubleshooting issues, calibrating but finally was able print good objects !

I upgraded my printer and replaced stock Threaded Rod with T8 Lead Screw - huge improvement ! ( please note that I'm still newbie in 3D printing hobby so something which is HUGE for me might be nothing for you Pro guys :-) ) but anyway - below link for new 1.1.9 Firmware based on the 1.1.9 BugsFix fork ( https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marli ... -1.1.x.zip ) for the Geeetech i3 Pro B printer with BLTouch sensor and T8 Lead screw

Latest Update 02/10/2019 11:13 AM CST ( REMEMBER this is for printer with T8 Lead screw ! )

1.1.9 Firmware based on 1.1.9 bug fix for Geeetech i3 Pro B printer with BLTouch sensor and T8 Lead screw :
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tpOYy ... q8D_pyTtW3

Thanks
Wes

pastranario3

Re: Marlin 1.1.9 with BLTouch for i3 Pro B - with T8 Lead Screw

Post by pastranario3 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:11 am

Hello, how can I distinguish it from its screw?
I have the same to this
https://cdn.instructables.com/FFR/O3Z1/ ... .LARGE.jpg

wwysocki

Post by wwysocki » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:04 pm

@pastranario3 - you have to change the values defined by DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT - just copy these values from your current Configuration.h file and replace it in new config file

/**
* Default Axis Steps Per Unit (steps/mm)
* Override with M92
* X, Y, Z, E0 [, E1[, E2[, E3[, E4]]]]
*/
//#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT { 81.5, 81.5, 2577.46, 94 } - this was my old value when I was using old screws
#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT { 81.5, 81.5, 400.69, 94 } // these are my new values for T8

pastranario3

Post by pastranario3 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:48 am

Thank you

SakisMicha

Re: Marlin 1.1.9 with BLTouch for i3 Pro B - with T8 Lead Screw, by wwysocki

Post by SakisMicha » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:57 pm

Thank you for sharing your experience. I have downloaded your file but have not managed to get the sensor working. How did you wire the sensor?

Did you use the servo port for the 3 cables and the z-min for the 2?

Thank you.

GAQ

Post by GAQ » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:52 pm

Hi SakisMicha,
You don't say what board you're attempting to wire to...
But let's assume it's the GT 2560 A+ , the board where you don't need to solder anything...
I've attached a picture of this board, and then a picture of the wiring I used to connect my 3d touch (Same for the BL Touch).
That's 2 wires to the 'Z Min' plug, three wires to the three pins marked '3D Touch' on the first picture.
There is also another post you could look at to help with your set up.
https://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopi ... 66&t=68258
Hope this helps,
Gerry
Attachments
GT2560AplusBoard.jpg
GT2560A+ Board
GT2560AplusBoard.jpg (301.53 KiB) Viewed 21067 times
3d_Touch_Connected.jpg
3D Touch connections
3d_Touch_Connected.jpg (45.77 KiB) Viewed 21067 times

Nightprowler

Post by Nightprowler » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:47 pm

Hi, I've got a confusing problem with my i3 Pro B - Marlin 1.1.9, GT2560 A+ motherboard and ANTCLABS BL Touch v3.0.
I have recently changed to a BL Touch from a 3D Touch as the 3d Touch didn't work well for me (very varied probing results) so I replaced it.
I have tried firmware 1.1.7 and 1.1.9 with almost the same results: When I start the printer PSU the BL Touch does not preform the self-test (with 1.1.7 it did one stroke in self-test) and then it starts blinking the red LED 80/20 cycle blinking that indicates red wire failure. The blue led is fade lit. The probing is working fine and leveling is more accurate then with the 3d Touch. With the 3D Touch it does two strokes at self-test when starting up with PSU and any of the two firmware.
Later when I'd just plug in the USB-cable, without the printers PSU switched on, the BL Touch preformed the self-test with two stroke and the red LED stays constant lit. If I, after starting up the printer via USB 5volt, switch on the PSU the BL Touch LED still is constant lit and I can print without it starts to blink.
I did contact ANTCLABS about this an all I've got from them was their standard answer: "Please remove the large capacitor in the end-stop circuit at the control board. Thank you. Hope you to be happy with your BLTouch." But the probing IS working and with only USB 5volt it does self-test at start too.
Any ideas about this?

GAQ

Post by GAQ » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:22 pm

Hi Nightprowler,

I swapped out my 3D Touch for a BL Touch For exactly the same reason as you.
(Post re this elsewhere...)
It works very well.
Guess what, MINE flashes quite randomly as well !!
But... and this is important to me.... EVERY time I Home the printer - The probe shoots out, it turns steady blue and works every time...
When I perform a G29 at the start of every print, it checks the level of the bed - 9 points - perfect result every time...

I've decided not to lose sleep over it flashing - I just want it to work.
It works - it flashes - It works...

Nightprowler

Post by Nightprowler » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:33 pm

Hi GAQ, do you have the same behavior if you plug in the USB without the PSU on too? Self-test with two strokes, then constant red LED?
Mine also probes perfect every time. It's just so annoying that it works as it should powering up from USB and then PSU. It would be less annoying if it started to flash on USB too.

GAQ

Post by GAQ » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:41 am

Yes,

Though I try to never have the USB connected to the printer when the machine is switched off...
I know it lights up the display, but if I forget it's not actually on and ask the heaters to do anything, then I'll get a list of errors and have to re-set the printer...
There is a way of disabling the USB from powering up the printer/display if you look for it - but I can't remember where that is that right now.
I reckon the USB being 5V from a decent power supply is producing less noise in the system than that from the cheaper power supply of the Geeetech i3, The BL Touch prefers the steady voltage of the USB.

As I write, my printer is 44% through a five hour print...
The BL Touch is on the front of the carriage flashing away quite merrily, blue LED just visible...
I've other things that annoy me more about the printer...
Noctua fans and Sunon maglev component cooling blower will be looked at favourably for my next build !
Boy is this machine noisy with the cheap fans fitted !

Gerry