SD Card Issue

BabyPenguin

SD Card Issue

Post by BabyPenguin » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:00 pm

I have recently purchased the GeeeTech i3 Pro B as my first printer and ran into an issue that I have not been able to solve. Due to issues with the printer getting timeout over a serial connection i've tried to use an SD card, however this has been met with just as many issues.

I have formatted the SD card in FAT32 and attempted to upload the gcode via repetier, which has been succesful. However, when I then attempt to access the SD card on the printer (it shows as detected) no files appear available?

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas it would be much appreciated as the number of issues seemed to be slowly mounting....

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Re: SD Card Issue

Post by _kaktus_ » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:37 pm

Failure to establish a connection may indicate an incorrectly configured connection in the program settings.
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.

Gingko
Site Admin

Post by Gingko » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:04 pm

BabyPenguin wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:00 pm
I have recently purchased the GeeeTech i3 Pro B as my first printer and ran into an issue that I have not been able to solve. Due to issues with the printer getting timeout over a serial connection i've tried to use an SD card, however this has been met with just as many issues.

I have formatted the SD card in FAT32 and attempted to upload the gcode via repetier, which has been succesful. However, when I then attempt to access the SD card on the printer (it shows as detected) no files appear available?

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas it would be much appreciated as the number of issues seemed to be slowly mounting....
1, For timeout issue, can you connect your printer with slicer software?
You can try another USB port or USB cable.
Or try to re-burn bootloader: viewtopic.php?f=20&p=27978#p27978
2, For SD card, .gcode has to be named only in English, and it can not be too long, you can check it first.
You can also check this post: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=18735

BabyPenguin

Post by BabyPenguin » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:14 pm

I can initially connect to the printer, load projects and begin printing without an issue. But after anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 hours it will timeout and the print will stop. I have seen suggestions to change the baud rate, however i'm not quite sure if this would help.

BabyPenguin

Post by BabyPenguin » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:31 pm

Gingko wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:04 pm
BabyPenguin wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:00 pm

1, For timeout issue, can you connect your printer with slicer software?
You can try another USB port or USB cable.
Or try to re-burn bootloader: viewtopic.php?f=20&p=27978#p27978
2, For SD card, .gcode has to be named only in English, and it can not be too long, you can check it first.
You can also check this post: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=18735
1. Slicer works fine and will begin prints, but times out after anywhere from 10mins to 2 hours in my experience. Currently using a usb extension, so this could be the issue however unable to test a new cable at this time (I will take a look at this however). I'll take a look into re-burning the bootloader as well.
2. the .gcode is in english, most names have just been "test". I was able to upload from repetier to the sd card in the LCD screen, which when plugged into my PC detected the file. The LCD would not detect any files on the SD card, even though it has been formatted in FAT32

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Post by _kaktus_ » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:58 am

Could you make a movie about a problem?
Share a link to it in the forum.
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.

BabyPenguin

Post by BabyPenguin » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:19 am

Quick Update: I took advice from a few others and went out and found a microSD card and an adapter and it seems to work just fine. I see no reason for it not to detect my other card, but whatever, it works now.

Gingko
Site Admin

Post by Gingko » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:47 am

BabyPenguin wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:19 am
Quick Update: I took advice from a few others and went out and found a microSD card and an adapter and it seems to work just fine. I see no reason for it not to detect my other card, but whatever, it works now.
Is your printer able to connect to computer now? Or still getting timeout error?

Fabrigaz

Post by Fabrigaz » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:39 pm

I removed the LCD screen assembly and found that one of the contacts in the card reader was bent and was not able to touch the sd card tracks. A sharpened paperclip allowed me to bend it back to where it should be, fixing the problem. I will be careful inserting and removing the sd card now, and may replace the card reader in future