Extruder stuck grinding on build plate

EdDowgiallo

Extruder stuck grinding on build plate

Post by EdDowgiallo » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:47 am

First time using A30M. Tried to use the automatic leveling mode and the extruder is stuck on the build plate. Any attempt I make to change to manual leveling, move, or home results in the extruder grinding against the build plate until I turn the machine off.

How do I get beyond this?

Thank you,
Ed

Mike179

Re: Extruder stuck grinding on build plate

Post by Mike179 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:58 am

Hi,

I had the same problem.

In auto levelling menu there are 2 settings: 3D touche and CAS. I have the 3D touch captor and I didn't pay attention and CAS was selected, it did the same thing, the head was trying to drill in the hot bed, first time I used the printer, I was afraid I broke it.

What I did to solve it:
turn off printer
manually and carefully turn the 2 bolts on the infininte screws on each side, in order to move the head up, like 5 or 10 cm or more so that it doesn't force on the bed
turn on printer, deactivate autolevelling !!!!, it doesn't work, I never found a way to make it work on my A30T
do manual levelling before each print and it will be fine

hope it helps for your problem !

nickscorpion

Re: Extruder stuck grinding on build plate

Post by nickscorpion » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:34 am

I configured myself like this
1 autolevel disable
2 lower the table to the very bottom
3 through the menu, slowly lower the extruder until the Z axis sensors are triggered
4 we raise to the smallest size that can be set on the display (if I remember correctly, then like 0.1 mm), so that the Z sensors turn on
5 manually adjust the table level according to the template, which together with the printer
6 turn on autolevel
7 run the setup
8 when the sensor works and stands in the center, we put plain paper for the printer and the smallest distances (do not forget to change the step of lowering the Z axis on the display) we bring the extruder to the table so that it just touches the paper
9 save and exit