Geeetech A30T Problem. SOLVED

Dynamickx

Geeetech A30T Problem. SOLVED

Post by Dynamickx » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:37 pm

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to this 3D printing!

Last Saturday I received my new and shiny Geeetech A30T printer.
After putting everything together I also installed a 3D touch sensor and gave the printer a try.
My first "project" was a new fan duct which came out (not great but) very nice and the fan duct was installed right away.
After a first manual bed leveling, the automatic leveling was a breeze. No problems at all. Boy, was I happy.
Sunday morning I printed a few smaller parts again, just to get a "feel" for the machine and the settings.
After that print job had finished (also nicely), I turned off the printer.
In the evening I flipped the mains switch again to do some more printing and pressed the home in the menu, but the homing went nuts on me right away.
X-, Y- and Z-axes moved to their farest positions in the direction of their micro switches and stayed there.
The Z-axes even pressed the hot-end into the bed so hard that the bed was bending (4 or 5 times).
I still can move all axes manually, via the menu. So, the steppers at least are still working.
I tried a factory reset a few times, but that didn't change anything. For sure it didn't solve the problem.
The printer came with the latest firmware installed and I also double-checked all cable connections without any result.

So, after a brief moment (1 day) of pride and joy my wonderful Geeetech A30T gave up on me already. So far for the quality. :evil:

Anyone here had a similar experience or at least can point me in the right direction?
All your help is greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,
Peter
Last edited by Dynamickx on Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KatjesKind

Re: Geeetech A30T Problem. Please help?

Post by KatjesKind » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:13 pm

Hi,

i am not having your issue, but i experienced multiple other issues. and so far support is not helpfull at all.

Recieving the A30T, i found that the Gantry was not properly tight, wich lead to a brocken fan duct.
then i noticed that the bed is runing with friction, complained about it, new belt on its way i was told.
then i found the options i choosed were not in the parcel. got information its been shipped from a different warehouse, they could have indicated that on the order confirmation (but hey lets suprise the customer).
Week later i recived the secound parcel with my ordered options, just to find out that 3dtouch is failing intemittendly . complained again. (we will ship a new sensor)
i got the bed friction fixed by adjusting v-rollers properly. one side was really heavy overtigtened.
doing some small prints so far then was no issue (beside the poor quality if you try multi colour)
however going into longer print, i noticed that after some time the blower speeds are going down and are starting to oscilate. after this happens i start getting layer shifts and support is trying to tell me the Fan speed drop is normal and the layer shift is from the belt.

So i only can recommend, by something else then Geeetech miserably products with Support of nothing.

today i got the first indication of shipping details for the above items, i really hope they are all in the one shippment.

Frustrating Regards
Katjeskind

Dynamickx

Re: Geeetech A30T Problem. Please help?

Post by Dynamickx » Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:48 pm

Hi,
Seems I'm lucky I ordered the 3D Touch and magnetic bed separately from some other vendor on eBay.
But you're right. Support was not very helpful (so far).
In the end managed to solve the problem myself by first downgrade the firmware and after that upgrade again.
Seems to me the factory reset does not clear all settings or get all settings back to default.
Anyway, the printer is in general working fine now.
Only one of the Z-axes "rattles" when moving quickly up and down, but not during the printing. Also the internal fan is very loud. I will have to look for a replacement for that.
Still I already ordered a new control board as a spare, though. Just in case, since I can only find it on Geeetech.com and delivery will take much more than a month.

Hope you get yours up and running soon. ;)

Cheers!
Dynamickx

Tryonn

Re: Geeetech A30T Problem. SOLVED

Post by Tryonn » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:30 pm

I bought the A30t from Geeetech, and it's been alright, except for the fact that the models tend to drift in the middle of printing on occasion. After some experimentation and watching, I think I narrowed it down to the drive belt for the extruder- or, more precisely, the fact that there's little tension on the belt and that the side opposite the drive motor is a toothless pulley for some reason. As of now, I've replaced the pulley with a printed gear that seems to be working far better, though it does cause different (though much more minor) printing issues as the hole in the gear is a little too big for the bolt that serves as an axle and thus it shifts around a little during operation.

I've been trying to adjust the gear through iterations, trying to compromise between size (putting tension on the belt) and how tightly it holds to the axle, but I can't seem to hit just the right balance. Is there a better solution for this problem other than trial and error? Failing that, is there a program that could allow me to shrink the hole without reducing the overall size of the gear?

iMessage Download

Dynamickx

Post by Dynamickx » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:10 pm

Hi Tryonn,
I am fairly new to this 3D printing stuff. For modelling I use the free version of Fusion 360. You could import your .STL file there, get rid of the hole for the axes first and then make a new hole in the correct diameter.

Hope this works for you?

Cheers!

fahadrgp

Post by fahadrgp » Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:37 pm

I am new to 3d printers and have tried multiple printers. I have almost given up on 3d printer manufacturers but i decided to give the Geeetech A30T a try as it was cheap and had good reviews. However, I have had nothing but trouble with this printer. I have spent hours researching every possible fix for my issues, but nothing has worked. The only thing that has worked is when I contacted customer service and they sent me new parts (which aren't really the problem).

Most of the time the printer will print for about 10 minutes then start skipping layers or extruding way too much filament (causing it to jam). This causes a lot of wasted filament, from what ive heard, you are supposed to be able to recover the filament but mine is so brittle that i cant even get it out of the extruder.

Another common issue is that when you move the print head by hand it wont stay in place and will continue moving even after you let go. This makes it impossible to do any fine adjustments because ive wasted so much filament that I cant afford to keep replacing. https://www.omegle.fyi/ https://www.bazoocam.fyi/ https://www.chatrandom.one/

fahadrgp

Post by fahadrgp » Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:41 pm

I have it running on Mac OS X 10.11.3 El Capitan, but I had to install the Arduino IDE 1.6.8 and FTDI drivers from the Parallel Port Driver website (http://www.parallelportdriver.com/) since the 3rd party drivers that come with El Capitan don't work for some reason with this board (even though it works fine for other boards).

Description:The A30T is a 3D printer kit shipped from China. It's a kit and you have to assemble it before you can use it, which is not an issue for most people. Thing is, some of the parts are missing from the shipment and support from Geeetech/Geeetech's shipping company is nonexistent. https://www.imybkexperience.com/ https://www.mykfc-experience.com/ https://www.mybpcreditcard.one/

fahadrgp

Post by fahadrgp » Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:42 pm

I recently ordered the Prusa i3 kit with the Full-Metal Hotend upgrade. I got it in the mail on Friday and begun to assemble it. Everything was going well until I got to the X-end and Y-end stop switch. I followed the instructions from Geeetech's website, but they were really vague, so I had to do a lot of guessing.

Thing was that there were no pictures for these steps and no indication of what size screws or nuts to use. So when I got to the end, my extruder wasn't extruding at all because the tension on my filament wasn't working. So I took everything apart and fixed it, but then when I went to put the x-end switch back on, one of the holes (the one closest to the motor) didn't match up with any of the screws or nuts that came with my kit.

So I sent them an email and they said that they'd get back to me in 24 hours with an answer, but they never did. They finally responded today saying that they had no idea what size screw or nut was supposed to go there, so now my x-axis isn't working at all. https://www.tcswebmail.info/ https://www.upsers.fyi/ https://www.prepaidgiftbalance.fyi/

fahadrgp

Post by fahadrgp » Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:44 pm

Hi guys, I have some problem with my Prusa i3 A30T printer. I can connect to it via web as well as control it via Octoprint with no problems but when i try to print via Octoprint, i get error "Head is blocked". It is an MKS Gen 1.4 board. Have you had similar problems or can you help me solve this? Lag Ja Gale Lyrics Breathless Lyrics

preeti123

Post by preeti123 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:38 pm

I received my new and shiny Geeetech printer. Cheeers and Thanks to Geetcech team
PEO Services