3D Touch Sensor on A30

Rain426

3D Touch Sensor on A30

Post by Rain426 » Sat May 25, 2019 2:32 am

Help! I have just received the 3DTouch Sensor, and unfortunately it didn't come with any instructions on how to fit it to the A30. I thought it was just a plug in job, but it seems not!

The plug on the extruder which I assume the sensor is meant to plug into has 3 pins.

However there are two connectors on the sensor itself - a 3 pin and a 2 pin.

I also have a whole bunch of random connectors and pins, and what I think is a resistor?

Are there any step-by-step instructions for installing this on a new A30 (just a week old).

Kind Regards,

Ian

William
Site Admin

Re: 3D Touch Sensor on A30

Post by William » Sat May 25, 2019 9:25 am

-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Sa1Wales

Post by Sa1Wales » Sun May 26, 2019 7:31 am

William wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 9:25 am
Hi,I hope this can help you:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RtsZDbR2po&t=66s
Looks like he has the Older version of the Hotend as he has'nt got the extruder Expansion board in his pics that is on the new A10 and A30, the youtube video takes him to the Newer Versions.

Steve.

Rain426

Post by Rain426 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:00 am

Right, turns out I cooked my previous touch sensor :) But now I have a new one, plugged in with power. Have updated firmware and the UI files and it seems to be working - however I am having trouble setting it up. I had a look at the below video, which is helpful, but I think there might be some steps missing, as I can't get the leveller to go to the correct level. I just tried a print after thinking I had it set up, and the nozzle proceeded to put a nice scratch in the bed :/

https://youtu.be/7zTJFtwL4O0

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks for the help so far :)

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:13 am

Hi, maybe your 3D Touch is too low. When the z-axis is 0mm, your 3D Touch needs to be installed 1-2mm higher than the hotbed.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Sa1Wales

Post by Sa1Wales » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:46 am

Rain426 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:00 am
Right, turns out I cooked my previous touch sensor :) But now I have a new one, plugged in with power. Have updated firmware and the UI files and it seems to be working - however I am having trouble setting it up. I had a look at the below video, which is helpful, but I think there might be some steps missing, as I can't get the leveller to go to the correct level. I just tried a print after thinking I had it set up, and the nozzle proceeded to put a nice scratch in the bed :/

https://youtu.be/7zTJFtwL4O0

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks for the help so far :)
When I used mine on my A10 I used to use the small Spanner that come with the printer its 1.5mm(measure the thickness on your printer spanners as long as the thinkness is under 2mm it should be fine, then just carfully slide it under the pin then tighten the screws. I am just suprised you found the right Firmware for the A30 it seems posts and Videos point you to the wrong versions and also versions of the firmware that dont exist. I think out dated posts and videos should be either deleted or updated, I found it A knightmare when I thought the other night Ill try it with the 3d touch then it was like an easter egg hunt to try and find the right Firmware version to use. But Glad you got somewhere with it. :)

Steve