Bad or no SD slot

MorningsideSanitarium

Bad or no SD slot

Post by MorningsideSanitarium » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:46 am

I just got my printer setup, everything leveled, then I slip in the sd card and it disappears. Do I have a bad box, or can this be fixed?? I mean it just slid in and didn't stop, and now it's gone. It makes no sense.

Edit: Never mind. In my haste I didn't thoroughly check out the situation. I simply pushed it through the slot (that shouldn't be there btw) that's directly under the actual card slot. So the card is still lost in the box, but it was my carelessness.

p_rhodan

Re: Bad or no SD slot

Post by p_rhodan » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:51 pm

That is (almost) normal. The slot in which you insert the SD card is slightly larger than the underlying Micro SD card slot. If you push the card too deep (too far down) into the slot, you will not hit the underlying Micro SD card slot, so the card falls into the case of the Control Box.

Open the Control Box by unscrewing the 5 screws below and retrieve the card. Next time put the Micro SD card at the top of the slot and push it in carefully, if you do not notice any back pressure, then you have not hit the slot properly.

If you have the box open, please also adjust the Vref for the stepper motors. This is very important!

Please follow this instruction: http://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopic ... 17 & t = 17038

MorningsideSanitarium

Re: Bad or no SD slot

Post by MorningsideSanitarium » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:10 pm

Yeah I finally got around to taking the time to open the box and retrieve the card. It almost happened to me again too but I caught it in time and could pull it back out with needlenose before it got sucked in!