Help: Micro SD card reader on Touchdisplay board damaged

p_rhodan

Help: Micro SD card reader on Touchdisplay board damaged

Post by p_rhodan » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:25 am

Hi,

I have a serious issue since the last update of touch display with the internal Micro SD card.
It was necessary to copy a new system folder contents onto the card. Therefore I needed to open the Control Box and to remove the Micro SD card to insert it on my Windows computer and copy the necessary files on the card.
Due to the space is very limited to get out the card and to insert it again, it seems that I damaged the Micro SD card reader.
It reads the card often not, I get than only a white screen.
If I press with my finger on the card reader and switch on the printer than the card would be read.

BTW. this was a very bad idea to put this card reader into the control box with no option to get on the micro SD card from outside! Sometimes I could not understand why an Ingenieur or product designer think not about usability. There are micro SD card extender cables available (one end is like a micro SD card, the other end is a micro SD card slot) https://www.amazon.com/Extension-Extend ... B072X27V58
Why you did not add this cable?

Anyway, is there a replacement board available? I can’t use my A30 printer without a new board and working SD card reader.
It's very annoying to have always open the control box to push onto the card reader.

Thank you very much!

baxbax

Re: Help: Micro SD card reader on Touchdisplay board damaged

Post by baxbax » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:22 pm

Hi,
I had the same problem. I wrote to Geeetech and they will send me, this board + cable, for 8$.

Bye
Marco