Big improvement for $17

anrkii

Big improvement for $17

Post by anrkii » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:47 pm

My A30 has been very noisy, vibrating hard enough to move itself around its table, especially during fast Y axis movement.
I added TPU soft feet, nailed the table the printer sits on to the wall, replaced belts and pulleys, added a support bracket with double dampers to the Y axis, checked and double checked all rollers for smoothness and adjustment, and tightened every screw on the whole machine. Still buzzing and shaking, impacting print quality especially on taller prints. Adjusted VREF to several different settings, still buzzing and shaking.
I bought these for $17 and noise level, vibration, and print quality improved much https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DM ... UTF8&psc=1
These are dual diode smoothers that plug in underneath the drivers. no soldering or extension cables. Just pop them in and go.
I might have defective or noisy drivers, needing replacement.
Any recommendations?

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Re: Big improvement for $17

Post by _kaktus_ » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:03 pm

Hi anrkii. ;)

You can be calm. Everything is in working order.
:D

About your new modules, lots of details can be found here.

Returning to noisiness while the printer is running.
In my case, the cause of these inconveniences was the loose mechanical structure.
And as you said during very fast and dynamic movements but in my case the X axis.

Linear guides and Z-axis trapezoidal screws had too much play in their upper grips.
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.