AUTOLEVEL with 3D TOUCH, initial Z calibration fails - SOLVED

Napsterium

AUTOLEVEL with 3D TOUCH, initial Z calibration fails - SOLVED

Post by Napsterium » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:07 am

Hi - unfortunatelly documentation about how to install 3D TOUCH to A30 is poor. I got everything wired and in autolevel menu, all 3D TOUCH functions do properly work. But as soon as I start Z-calibration (nozzle symbol) printer moves to home position and than starts to move to center of bed ... so far, so good. But than, instead of moving down, printer moves up. Does anyone know, what went wrong :?:

Setup:
FW V1.37.58
HW V3.3

[
which seems to be related to latest versions
-- A30_VD_S_V1_58.bin (MD5: FEAC6B4DAC9C3FA47B5FF448D53E8833)
-- A30_M_LCD_V1_37.bin (MD5£ºFDF16B6AE8A2EE8DC4D52A735CC060B8)
]

UPDATE; small progress ... I did not recognize, that you have to choose of course 3D TOUCH in AUTO LEVELING menu (on the bottom of menu). Now at least it starts to move DOWN while initial calibration.

FINAL; ... it turned out that all steps as by now had been done correct. But due to lack of documentations hard to understand.

SO - once 3D TOUCH is installed, autocalbration turned on and calibrated (with piece of paper) to center bed level - confirmed with OK - the nozzle just moves up. I thougt it would now do rest of calibration - means touching outer area of bed. But this does not happen as long as you actively start a print. THAN it starts to AUTO LEVEL ... everything worked smooth and bed-0-leveling worked great.

PS. 3D TOUCH cable connection is on rear side of HEAT END MODULE(small field with 5 pins) of A30 .
For A30 hardware version V3.3 use following cable sequene (looked from top front of printer):
3D TOUCH 2-pin on left side of A3 5 pin connector (W:left,B:rigth) , than follow with 3D TOUCH 3-pin (Y:left ...).

TEST FUNCTION OF 3D TOUCH (needle up/down, etc.) via AUTO LEVELING menu on A30 before further usage!