Print is not centered...

Nyemrinju

Print is not centered...

Post by Nyemrinju » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:45 pm

After a few attempts on the A30, the print is not centered. Slicer is S3D. Does somebody has any idea?

dekes1

Re: Print is not centered...

Post by dekes1 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:23 am

Nyemrinju wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:45 pm
After a few attempts on the A30, the print is not centered. Slicer is S3D. Does somebody has any idea?
When your nozzle is homed, and it sits as X=0, y=0, is it slightly in front of and to the left of the bed? many of the A30s have the home position too far forward and too far to the left. This will result in the coordinates being slightly off when trying to find the exact center of the bed.

Try adjusting both the X and the Y endstops to get the nozzle right at the front left corner of the bed.

If the endstops can not be adjusted far enough, which was the case for many of my A30s, you could print these new adjustable endstop mounts. They will give you the adjustment range to correct the bed offset.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3229646

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:34 am

dekes1 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:23 am
Nyemrinju wrote:
When your nozzle is homed, and it sits as X=0, y=0, is it slightly in front of and to the left of the bed? many of the A30s have the home position too far forward and too far to the left. This will result in the coordinates being slightly off when trying to find the exact center of the bed.

Try adjusting both the X and the Y endstops to get the nozzle right at the front left corner of the bed.

If the endstops can not be adjusted far enough, which was the case for many of my A30s, you could print these new adjustable endstop mounts. They will give you the adjustment range to correct the bed offset.

Thanks for sharing! :D
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

Nyemrinju

Post by Nyemrinju » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:22 pm

Thx...I will test it!

p_rhodan

Post by p_rhodan » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:52 am

dekes1 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:23 am
Nyemrinju wrote:

Thank you very much!
Now my A30 is perfect configured. Exact X0/Y0 to use the full 320x320 print area.
Also I optimized the steps per mm for X and Y to get exact dimensions for print-outs. The same for the extruder motor.

c3poSAW

Post by c3poSAW » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:32 am

Hi,

i use Cura for printing. in the Maschine Settings you can set up an Offset for your Nozzle. To get the Values: just move the Nozzle to your front left corner of the Plate(the real X0/Y0) than use that values for the offset with a minus in the Front. See attached picture.
The advantage is that you can move your nozzle out of bed. For purshing the nozzle. Maybe you have a simular setting in S3D.

It would be perfect if it would be possible to set that offset to in the Printer Software itself like in marlin. But maybe one day it is possible to use marlin as firmware.
Attachments
XYCompensation.jpg
XYCompensation.jpg (87.81 KiB) Viewed 15495 times

p_rhodan

Post by p_rhodan » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:04 am

Thank you for this information!

I used an similarly setting in Slic3r PE but with the effect if I sliced an 320 x 320 frame (1 mm thickness), the slicer changed automatically the frame to 309 x 299. Means the slicer set the X0/Y0 position right (was on the Glas bed on the left front corner), but lowered the max X and max Y size about the offset. My offset was X-11/Y-21.
so in reality the max print size was X0/Y0 to X320-11/Y320-21

I checked this with different settings but got always the same results, either the 320x320 frame was fully on the glas bed ed but it was in reality smaller than 320mm x 320mm or the frame was really 320mm x 320 mmm but two sides was not on the glas bed. They was outside (left side / front side)

BTW. I had to shorten the right/upper screw of the extruder carriage, due to it was to long and hit the reinforce plate on the right side of the extruder rail, after I changed the X end stop to the real X0 position.
The X carriage hit this plate at X315 or so.

I‘ll ty it with Cura and the original end stop settings in next time and give a feedback.

c3poSAW

Post by c3poSAW » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:49 am

p_rhodan wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:04 am
Thank you for this information!

..... the slicer changed automatically the frame to 309 x 299. Means the slicer set the X0/Y0 position right (was on the Glas bed on the left front corner), but lowered the max X and max Y size about the offset. My offset was X-11/Y-21.
so in reality the max print size was X0/Y0 to X320-11/Y320-21

I was not the slicer how cut off your print it was the Printer itself.(I just had the same Issue, with Cura). Just try to go with you Nosel to the right Top Corner with the Touchscreen.
You need to download the Smartto Motor Tool with this you can increase the maximum Travel Range. For me I set it to X330 and Y345.

Now i can use the full Plate.

MorningsideSanitarium

Post by MorningsideSanitarium » Sat May 11, 2019 10:13 pm

Ok, I've just finished battling this problem, and getting everything centered, and a 320mm circle to print completely without being cutoff. I've achieved success, however, when homing, the Z pushes the bed down everytime, and sometimes doesn't come back up, scratching my plate even further. If I set the end stops to be slightly off the bed, then my full build size can't be used again. Is there a fix for this?

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Mon May 13, 2019 10:30 am

Hi, you can check if the coupling is tightened.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!