Z axis rate issue plus other issues

macray76

Z axis rate issue plus other issues

Post by macray76 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:06 am

So I have the major issues with my A30 right now that I hope you can give some help with please.

1. The z axis is going up and down at different rates. I tried increasing the z A4988 driver to 1.1V with no change in the issue. I even reduced the voltage down to 0.6V again without it fixing the issue.

I can now easily replicate the issue by simply homing the axis, set point 5 (it doesn't matter which point) on the manual levelling page, adjust the z offset so it has friction against the paper. Then press 5 again to make the nozzle lift and drop. It does not drop to the same level as before and sits above the heat bed by around 2mm.

If I were to re-level and drop the nozzles down those 2mm, on print the nozzle will scratch the bed. Therefore the true z height is after homing and not on the second press of point 5.

Issue 2: this could be related to issue 1. I readjusted my xyz motor steps using the smartto motor tool after printing the xyz calibration cube. However, my prints are now failing at about 4mm height. The print head slows down to a near standstill and then after a short while the print pauses. Resuming it makes it print for another second before it pauses again. When I set the motor steps back to default settings the print no longer fails.

Issue 3: with the above two issues I thought I should downgrade my firmware to V1.36.57. I am currently running V1.38.61 but it looks like that firmware was withdrawn after release and 1.36.57 is the stable release. I downgrade the main board using the smartto tool and then I copy the relevant 1.36.57 LCD files onto the LCD SD card including the A30.bin file. However, on boot I can't control the printer. No temperatures are shown and I can't select the Settings option. I have to reflash 1.38.61 to get the printer working again.

Any help greatly appreciated as always.

apak

Re: Z axis rate issue plus other issues

Post by apak » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:28 am

Try this one
http://www.geeetech.com/firmware/A30%2037.58.zip

May be you need to manual update lcd fw

macray76

Post by macray76 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:03 pm

Thanks I managed to update the firmware finally after using a different SD card in the side of the machine when upgrading the LCD firmware.

macray76

Post by macray76 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:03 pm

Hi all.

Would someone be so kind and replicate the following steps on their A30 and see if you get the same result as me please?

1. Home all the axis
2. Select manual levelling
3. Press point 5
4. Use the Z UP or Z DOWN to adjust the z-axis level (this is important - you must press a button at least once) so that you have a paper-width gap
5. Press point 5 again (although the same behaviour occurs when selecting another point)

Does your nozzle now sit around 2mm higher than it was before (i.e. you can now fit a lot more than a paper-width between the bed and nozzle)?

It does on mine and only homing the axis again and starting manual levelling from scratch returns the z-axis back to the correct level. Even if you press the OK button between steps 4 or 5 I get the same behaviour.

It seems like anytime you press the Z UP or Z DOWN button it thinks the z-axis is 2mm higher than it should be. You have to home the axis before you can select another levelling point.

Miceltu

Post by Miceltu » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:32 pm

Yes, it is the same by me.

In fact I have a printer whom not can start to print, because the first level did not fit.
And the "Super Plate" is "super scratched" now. What a frustration.

apak

Post by apak » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:53 am

Yes, It´s a bug. After you move any Z offset during leveling, you need to exit a reenter.

I manage to level 5, exit, enter level again al do 1,2,3,4 points....but no Z offset,just the knob

Lexan

Post by Lexan » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:46 pm

pls keep in mind, the offset in the manual leveling system is no mesh offset.
try to keep the offset at 0 and level with the screws below the headbed.
at this point check also that there is enough spring tension to hold the wheel in place so it cant move du tue vibrations.
and last but not least, dont touch the adjustmentwheel when you move the paper

apak

Post by apak » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:58 am

Sure, I go to position 5, use offset to fine level that position, and then go to all others positions to only uses leveling knoobs

Lexan

Post by Lexan » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:31 pm

apak wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:58 am
Sure, I go to position 5, use offset to fine level that position, and then go to all others positions to only uses leveling knoobs
no, you just use the knobs for leveling and let the offset on 0

apak

Post by apak » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:49 pm

not really, because I had removed the superplate, add a 3 mm aluminum plate, and pei, so I do have an offset to deal with, but anyway, LCD .37 FW has a bug.

If you use during manual leveling any offset, and then move to any of the mesh point, I t doesn´t go down all the way.
but if you exit manual level and go back to it, and don´t touch z offset bottons, nozzle DOES bock down to where it should.