A30 not responding on boot

macray76

A30 not responding on boot

Post by macray76 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:29 pm

Hi.

My A30 is no longer responding to any commands on boot. This was after I carefully adjusted the A4988 stepper motor driver's voltage on the Z-axis as instruction from my support contact (I'm not inexperienced with this as I've adjusted the voltages before so I know what I'm doing!)

On boot I notice that a couple of the internal fans start and then instantly stop.

The LCD screen is on and responding to touch. The current temperature readings of the bed and nozzle are 0 and I can't move any of the axis.

I can connect to the printer via USB using the smartto motor tool but it won't get any readings from it. The smartto firmware upgrader tool doesn't connect though.

I'm at a total loss as to what I can do to fix this issue. I've had constant issues with this printer (the main one being auto-levelling which still doesn't work and has badly scratched my heat bed as a result).

I've had the printer for only 7 months now but I'm getting to the point where I'm going to return it for a refund as I just want a printer that works as it should.

Any help is greatly appreciated right now. If I can't resolve in the next day or two I will return it.

macray76

Re: A30 not responding on boot

Post by macray76 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:48 pm

I have removed the z A4988 driver from the board and it now boots successfully with temperatures being red.

When I plug it back in, same non-responsiveness.

Seems like a broken A4988 driver after adjusting the voltage.

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Post by _kaktus_ » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:14 pm

Hello.
:mrgreen:

You can still check another thing.
That the µC port that controls the defective stepstick module has not been damaged.
To do this, replace the working module from another socket and try to drive the stepper motor. ;)
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.

macray76

Post by macray76 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:58 am

Fortunately a new A4988 has brought the printer back to life! Now I just need to resolve the other issues (see my other thread)!