my nozzle has to rub the Geeetech superplate

Briciou62500

my nozzle has to rub the Geeetech superplate

Post by Briciou62500 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:25 pm

Hello, I forgot to push my filament in the nozzle before launching an impression, the problem is that my nozzle has to rub the Geeetech superplate, is what I must replace superplate and or buy a 320x320mm for my Geeetech a30? Thank you

https://www.casimages.com/i/180827033406955244.jpg.html

MichaelK

Re: my nozzle has to rub the Geeetech superplate

Post by MichaelK » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:32 pm

:shock:
if the bed is well leveld then the nozzle should not touch the bed without filament.
try to keep the printouts out.

You can move the prints in your own slicer to other positions out of the middle.

SirSunshine

Post by SirSunshine » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:37 pm

Unless I am misunderstanding, this to be a issue with this particular printer model. For example, if you hit Z Up in manual control, the system first has to bounce on the plate to find Z0 (every time). Or if you are in the process of auto leveling with an uncalibrated sensor, this may result in grinding down on the plate.

Try this example; have an issue with a print and do an emergency power off. Then turn it on and hit Z up to move the head away. Really, really annoying because instead of going up, it moves to the center to bounce up and down and then drags diagonally across the plate. If your print is in the way, it's about to get dragged and scrapped.

Other printers I have do what you'd expect as do the X and Y axis. If you hit Z up, the motor simply moves up by the amount listed. I suspect this is an issue with the firmware being rather young but it does indeed grind on the plate.

Geeetech has a number of other plates available for purchase very reasonably but they are all smaller. Looking forward to the 320 x 320 plates being available as well.

apak

Post by apak » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:36 pm

Thats really annoying....my superplate got scratch the very first day because of this, emergency stop, power circle, Z UP, and it dragged al the way to X y Y min before lifting...

SirSunshine

Post by SirSunshine » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:41 pm

Mine did as well and my first thought was the same as yours, I needed to replace it. Turned out not to be the case. It still works fine just not as pretty. It did clog the head however and that was a pain to clear. Personally, I think this is a bad setup and error in the firmware design having the system do the bounce and drag when you hit move up 30mm. Move up 30mm should just move up! There would be a chance of hitting the top end point if you were really high but that is a much less likely problem.

I've started adding issues / requests to github in hopes of getting them added as improvements to the firmware.

One suggestion I will make that has helped me a lot. Even with the 'superplate' and good leveling I still had adhesion problems. The Geeetech design is great and better than others I have seen but still not perfect. And I've done buildtek, glass of various types and PEI and had issues with all of them at times. (Circles are a real pain.) Best I've found is to adjust Z for a slight mashing of the first layer, up extrusion on that layer by 150%+ and this is the magic, put a light coat of highly diluted elmers / PVA glue on the plate. Works wonders for adhesion and if prints are stuck afterward, a little water or ice pops them off.

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Post by _kaktus_ » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:00 am

Hi
:mrgreen:

Such constructive remarks are read very well. :D
Others love to complain, which is not good. :?

This statement testifies to you and your perception of other people and things. :idea:
For me, you are a good people.
Applause for open mind. :mrgreen:

I couldn't hold back from writing this unnecessary comment. :lol:
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.

Briciou62500

Post by Briciou62500 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:32 pm

Thank you for your return :)