Strange behaviour with this gcode.

Shuflie

Strange behaviour with this gcode.

Post by Shuflie » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:37 am

When I try to print the attached benchy on my E180 it fails after the first or second layer of the deck. Not only does it fail it makes the pringter go mad pushing the build plate to the maximum and banging the hotend assembly of the print tower. Benchy was created with Cura 3.4.1 using the attached profile settings. First time it happened I was out and came back to find my wife had switched off the printer as she though it was killing itsself, filament was completly retracted, but not sure if that was because of the fault or my wife. I tried again and the print failed in the same place. Can you check if the code does the same thing on a printer with the latest software, my unit came with V1.20.20 Frimware and V1.4 hardware.
Attachments
E180-CURA3 benchy failure.zip
Cura profile
(973 Bytes) Downloaded 496 times
CFDMP_3DBenchy.zip
Problem benchy gcode
(2.34 MiB) Downloaded 481 times

Shuflie

Re: Strange behaviour with this gcode.

Post by Shuflie » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:11 am

Firmware 1.32.41 seems to have fixed the problem, bit tricky locating it though, there seems to be quite a few different firmware guides. Perhaps an admin could go through them all pointing to the latest version?

Alex-w

Post by Alex-w » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:01 am

@Shuflie Thanks for your updating. We will add new guide into notice board.

Shuflie

Post by Shuflie » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:37 am

I spoke too soon, the print still fails, but at a different point now. Right after the top of the wheel prints the extruder reverses direction and start printing in the air at some stage after that. I have now got two very nicely printed bottom halfs of a benchy. I'll try tomorrow with a different model or slicer to see if it is just something cura is putting the gcode, but I expect it to be a firmware thing as it happens at the same point again. :(