E180 - new user - beginner

WillieH

E180 - new user - beginner

Post by WillieH » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:23 am

Just got the 3D printer as it is advertised as perfect for beginners to 3D printing.
First of all Feedback for the manufacturer:
The TF slot is not in the best place to be user friendly and it is upside down.
The quick start up guide is not great as it does not inform the user that it needs to be levelled first. I had to find this out on youtube rather than on the full guide or the startup guide)
I also had to refer to Youtube to find out I had to put the sticker on the bed to help the model stick.

Now I cannot get it to print correctly. I have it levelled as i'm expected to, doing the A4 test. I can now get it to print a few layers, but after 5 minutes of printing the model detaches from the bed and is dragged along the bed resulting in a melted clump of plastic.
I cannot find anything in troubleshooting to try and resolve this. Am i missing something else?

MichaelK

Re: E180 - new user - beginner

Post by MichaelK » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:50 pm

Hello.

The E180 come without a heatbed. To hold the prints you can use a glue stick. Search at google: "Pritt Stift" and look the pictures.
You could use Bluetape too. Bluetape helps you to hold on the filament onto the bed.
Attention! Don't print onto the bed directly!! You can't solve the print from the bed without Bluetape or painter crepe.

_kaktus_
Site Admin

Re: E180 - new user - beginner

Post by _kaktus_ » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:32 am

Get to know the content for a good start:
https://www.geeetech.com/forum/viewtopi ... 880#p83880

And then try to find something useful in this forum yourself ...