What do you think about Geeetech's printers?

William
Site Admin

Re: What do you think about Geeetech's printers?

Post by William » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:40 am

If you want to learn a lot about 3D printing, then the Geeetech i3 series of machines will be a good choice.
This premise is that you need to be patient and communicate with others so that you will gain a lot of useful experience.
No matter what brand of printer you choose/use, you may have problems, please keep your patience and try to find the solution, then everything will be easy.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

trekgerbil

Post by trekgerbil » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:18 am

Hello, you can take a look at my thingiverse makes to get an overview of everything I've been able to do since I received my Geeetech A10 a week ago.

https://www.thingiverse.com/trekgerbil/makes

I am new to the world of 3D printing, but I have had a three-axis CNC for more than ten years.

My A10 is cheap, that's why I chose it. The mechanics and firmware are open-source.

But I had to adjust it when I received it, there were hard points on all three axes. I had to change the mechanism of the extruder that bit too much (or not enough) of the filament. It is also important to understand how the extruder works and how to disassemble, clean and reassemble it correctly.

There are many traps that require the learning of many skills. As with any machine. Somehow I'm happy to have to learn how it works in order to use it properly, but it could be frustrating for a beginner.

I consider my A10 to be a very good machine.
Some Geeetech are even better for not much more expensive.

Geeetech ROX !

TMeeks

Post by TMeeks » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:03 pm

We just finished a class for our teachers to introduce the Geeetech A10 & A20. In all we have built 3 A10 printers and 1 A20 so far and have 4 more (Two A10 and two A20) to build in the next few weeks at various sites.

Having taught 3D design and printing for more than a few years, and owned dozens of FDM printers, we know that ALL 3D printers have issues.

Each of the A10 printers we built had some minor issue that had to be addressed. But, the good news is that all of them are up and running extremely well. It's simply a matter of being observant and asking questions of those of us that are willing to help should you run into something.

If you PM me, I will be happy to give you my email address so that I can send you the documents we use in our build class which are designed to enable at-risk students to build and optimize an A10 in just a few hours.

If you can afford it, the A20 is our preferred printer simply due to its more enclosed and protected wiring. But, no matter which one you purchase make sure you add the 3D Touch or the BL Touch to help with bed leveling. And, that advice goes for ANY make or model printer you end up buying.

Finally, we prefer the Geeetech printers over those from Monoprice or MicroCenter... or any of the dozens of FDM printers we've been using for the past few years.
YouthQuest Foundation
Serving America's At-Risk Youth
http://youthquestfoundation.org

Jarda3d

Post by Jarda3d » Wed May 01, 2019 4:09 pm

William wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:40 am
If you want to learn a lot about 3D printing, then the Geeetech i3....
And if you want to PRINT THINGS, then buy A10 or better...
A10M Slic3r profile: here and fresh on github (lot of tips here)
A10 Slic3r profile: here
TIP: tight all screws and wheels (except right side of Z axis) and re-align frame while assembly. And silence it.

Jarda3d

Post by Jarda3d » Sat May 11, 2019 9:28 pm

But Axx printers are able to pushbutton like operation. But Geetech did not realize business. Zero marketing. Wifi module is sad story. etc.

Geee staff, remember that contents of the SD card have practically ZERO manufactoring price...
A10M Slic3r profile: here and fresh on github (lot of tips here)
A10 Slic3r profile: here
TIP: tight all screws and wheels (except right side of Z axis) and re-align frame while assembly. And silence it.