First impression - purchase of PLA filament by Geeetech brand.

_kaktus_
Site Admin

First impression - purchase of PLA filament by Geeetech brand.

Post by _kaktus_ » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:49 pm

Hi
:mrgreen:

It so happens that last Friday I bought a PLA filament made by Geeetech from a German store Amazon.
Considering the international shipment, I was pleasantly surprised because the courier delivered the parcel on Monday. :)

Curious, I quickly unsealed the cardboard. :lol:

I'll say so much:
I don't see such carefully secured goods often. And I make purchases with the option of shipment quite often.

The filament itself is hermetically packed in a thick foil bag, additionally inside there is a humidity-absorbing purse. The whole is packed in a cardboard box with a window. The packaging is marked with a sticker with information about the manufacturer, type of material and diameter. Additionally, it contains the product code.

The reel with filament itself also has stickers.
One is a sticker with a branded company logo containing information about the manufacturer. The second one contains the product markings and the melt number from which the date of production can be read.
opakowanie.jpg
opakowanie.jpg (268.42 KiB) Viewed 4079 times
The roll itself also attracts attention and has interesting decorative ornaments. :D

The whole thing makes a very good first impression. :mrgreen: And encourages you to make your next purchase. :lol:

Colours of the filament are very attractive. :)
The uniformity of colour is maintained uniformly, there are no discolourations or similar defects. :!:
The diameter of the fibre itself seems to be maintained exactly. The deviation is negligible. The measurements were made on the available part of the windings of the filament. I have only a caliper and I am not able to precisely determine the deviation as with a micrometer.
The tip of the filament is easily accessible and placed in the prepared handle which protects the filament against self unrolling.

With home instruments I am not able to determine the mass precisely. My wife's kitchen scale indicates a weight of 1.20 kg. So it seems to be ok, considering that the filament is wound on a reel.
filament_PLA_Geeetech.jpg
filament_PLA_Geeetech.jpg (315.41 KiB) Viewed 4079 times
However, I miss one important detail. :!: :idea:
The sticker on the roll could also contain information about the recommended working temperature of the head (hot end) and the work table (heat bed).
A brochure with this important information and a presentation of available types and colours of the filament can also be attached to the packaging.

:D

Now I will be able to get to know PLA's filament properties in practice. So far I haven't used it.
:lol:

ps
Affordable price, shipping cost 0.
On the forum I help to use the rod, I don't give fish.
Geeetech Prusa I3 M201 Dual extruder Mixcolor 3D printer, bought 2017-12-19, already built, in the cognitive and improvement phase
Geeetech filament, ABS only
Geeetech 3D WiFi Module for 3D Printer, bought 2018-04-15, He got a new life, and still lies in a drawer.
Positively frenzied customer of Getech Technology.