Suggestion for E180 manufacture

Shuflie

Suggestion for E180 manufacture

Post by Shuflie » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:56 pm

I just got an E180 through from Amazon which Arron kindly let me have for review. I'm still in the process of testing it out but a big problem almost made me give it a very bad review. For my first few test prints I was getting random skipping in the Y axis. It seemed to be happening at different places in the same model which was strange. Anyway I dismantled the build plate to see waht was wrong and discovered that one of the wheel supporting the middle bar wasn't turning freely. I loosened the screw holding it down little then took a little bit of the tension out of the Y axis blt as it was so tight it would have been putting a lot of force in the stepper motor shaft. After reassembling the build plate and re leveling the same model that was giving problems printed out fine.

I'd recommend that the one of the Geeetech manufacturing engineers take a look at the torque required to hold the clamping wheels securely but still allow them to turn freely, then introduce torque wrenches to the factory building the E180 and maybe check the build plate moves freely with the motors off.

Alex-w

Re: Suggestion for E180 manufacture

Post by Alex-w » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:55 pm

@Shuflie Thanks for your review. We will check points you mentioned in a few days.