Prusa I3 pro b extruder fails

josemr1967

Prusa I3 pro b extruder fails

Post by josemr1967 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:19 pm

My 3d printer start printing but it stop taking filament and stop printing. I have revised everything but the extruder keeps failing. Need help.

Newopint95

Re: Prusa I3 pro b extruder fails

Post by Newopint95 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:57 am

Does the extruder turn without filiment installed?

Have you tried plugging it into the port for the x or y axis motor to verify that the stepper motor on the extruder is Ok?
What about swapping the motor controller from one of the other motors for the extruders controller?
Have you checked the voltage being sent to the extruder motor?

William
Site Admin

Post by William » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:31 am

Hi,there is a post related to your question,and please make the troubleshooting.viewtopic.php?f=19&t=17097. :D Hope it can help you.
-Keep your mind and try to test it. :)
-Everything will be fun!-Support all Getech printer.
-You can ask me the questions and I will kindly reply.
-Respect others is the best way you can get help!

3dtech
Location: MONA TILES COMPOUND, NR. CHHANI CIRCLE, CHHANI ROAD, VADODARA - 390002. GUJARAT, INDIA.

Post by 3dtech » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:45 pm

Not sure if this will help but I had the same probelm with my Makerbot and discovered that it was due to my filament spool snagging on the spool holder. It would streach the filament then push more through causing the blockage. That could also explain why when hand feeding it it worked well. 3d printing -fdm technology

This could be complete rubbish but thought it might help as I spent 3 days, meters of filament and burnt fingers on trying to find out why.